Today’s recipe is ‘White Chicken (chicken in white gravy)’. In this recipe chicken is cooked with white pepper powder and very little amount of red chilli powder. It is a delicious curry which is very mild. Serve it with chapati/ roomali roti/paratha/plain rice. Try this new taste of chicken which is cooked in curd and cream with dry fruits. It is a main course recipe. My mother prepared this dish last week for us. Do try this recipe when you need a break from simple chicken curry.
For more non veg recipe you can check Chicken Sweet Corn Soup (Healthy and homemade) , Easy Chicken Curry , Chicken Chili , Bhuna Murgh (Chicken with yoghurt and cream) , Chatpata Chicken Tikka , Bhuna Gosht (Lamb cooked with desi masalas) Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani (My mother’s recipe), Chicken Shami Kabab (easy chicken kabab/kebab).
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 45 mins
Ingredients for White Chicken Recipe
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Oil||6 tbsp or 3 cup|
|Kasuri methi||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander powder (chopped)||2 tsp|
|Poppy seeds||2 tsp|
|Cumin/jeera powder||1 tsp|
|White pepper powder||1 tsp|
|Melon seeds||1 tsp|
Procedure for White Chicken Recipe
- Ready all your ingredients. Wash and clean chicken, keep it aside. Chop your onions. Prepare paste of ginger and garlic. Grind dry fruits and seeds and powder everything.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil. Add whole spices and onion, cook for 5 mins.
- Add chicken and fry for 3-4 mins.
- In the chicken add jeera powder, all dry masalas, water, curd, ginger garlic paste and green chillies.
- Close the lid and cook for two whistles on high flame. After two whistles, release all the pressure and open the lid, check whether chicken is tender.
- On high flame saute till oil separates. Add cream and kasoori methi (dry methi) in the chicken.
- Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve with roti/roomali roti/paratha/plain rice.