Hello Friends! Happy Monday 🙂 Today’s recipe is ‘Veg Pasta in White Sauce’. Pasta is almost everyone’s favorite Italian food. Even kids can enjoy this dish. In this recipe I am using Durum wheat pasta, you can prepare this dish with any of your choice of pasta. Instead of a traditional way of preparing a white sauce with maida, in this recipe, we are using cornflour. Let’s get started…
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly email it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you guys. Drop me a mail and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Duration: 15 mins (prep time) + 20 mins (cook time) = 35 Mins
Ingredients for Veg pasta in white sauce
Pasta (dried) 1/2 kg
Red bell pepper 2 no.
Green bell pepper 2 no.
Yellow bell pepper 2 no.
Purple cabbage 1-2 cups
Garlic cloves (crushed) 1 tbsp
Pasta mix 1 tbsp
Chilli flakes 1 tsp
Black pepper (crushed) 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Cheese (Grated or sliced) 1/2 cup
Cream 1 cup or half small size tetra pack
Milk 1 cup
Cornflour 1 Tsp
Oil/olive oil 3 tbsp
Procedure Veg pasta in white sauce
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on the packet. In case instructions are not there on the packet, generally we first boil enough water in a deep pan. In the boiling water add pasta, salt, and one teaspoon oil. Let the pasta cook for 12-13 minutes or till they are completely done. Strain water, wash and keep it aside by sprinkling one teaspoon oil on it.
- In a pan heat oil, add chopped garlic and sweat it for 3 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables and let it cook till vegetables soften. Season it with salt and chili flakes.
- Lower the flame and add cream mix it well with vegetables.
- Add cheese, crushed black pepper and pasta mix in the above mix, stir it well.
- Add milk and cornflour mix slowly in the pan. Cook it for 1-2 mins till sauce starts thickening.
- When your desired consistency is reached add pasta and stir through sauce so that the sauce coats the pasta. If you feel pasta is dry, then add more milk slowly in the pasta.
- Pasta is ready to serve!
- You can use any vegetable of your choice. There are many options to add like mushroom, carrots, baby corn, tomatoes, olives, broccoli, and basil etc.
- I normally keep my pasta little dry because this sauce is very rich and loaded with (read: benefits of) many varieties of dairy products. If you love thin sauce add more milk in this dish.
“Once you have mastered a technique, you barely have to look at a recipe again.”