Today’s recipe is ‘Vanilla Choco Chips Cake’, this cake is an eggless cake which is prepared in a pressure cooker. This Christmas, you do not have to worry, if there is power cut in your area and you want to prepare a cake on urgent basis or if you do not have microwave. I would recommend you to keep separate utensils for pressure cooker cake recipes, if you are planning to bake often.
For this recipe you need, all-purpose flour, vanilla, chocolate chips, and curd as main ingredients. Some people use sea salt or sand as a barrier/layer between pan and pressure cooker. I have used an aluminium utensil for this purpose. Please use heavy and thick bottomed pressure cooker for preparing cake.
For more dessert recipes you can check Moong Dal Halwa (with a twist) , Mango Basundi (Aam ki Basundi) , Easy Eggless Chocolate Cake , Coconut Laddoo (Nariyal ke laddoo) , Seviyan Kheer Recipe , Peanut Ladoo (two ingredients recipe) , Gajar ke laddoo (quick carrot truffles) .
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 45 mins
Ingredients for Vanilla Choco Chips Cake
|All purpose flour / Maida||1 cup|
|Yogurt / Curd||1/2 cup|
|Powdered sufar/Caster sugar||3/4 cup|
|Oil / Ghee / Butter|
|Chocolate chips||1/2 cup|
|Vanilla essence||3-4 drops|
|Baking Soda||1/4 tsp|
|Baking powder||1/4 tsp|
Method for Vanilla Choco Chips Cake
- First select a 5-6 ltrs capacity pressure cooker in which you want to prepare this cake.
- Remove the rubber ring (gasket) from the lid.
- Also remove the whistle (vent weight) from the lid.
- Now grease an aluminium pan in which you going to prepare the cake. I am using steel pan (I do not recommend steel pan though), as no aluminium pan of perfect size was available at home. Before pouring the batter in the pan, sprinkle or dust all-purpose flour in the pan.
- Close the lid and pre-heat the cooker for 5-7 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Now, for batter you will need following ingredients.
- In a bowl, add curd/yogurt and powdered sugar. Mix well.
- Add oil in the bowl, mix properly.
- Sieve in all-purpose flour in the bowl, mix well without forming lumps.
- In the mix now add baking soda and baking powder.
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla essence.
- With the help of spatula mix everything well.
- Pour the batter in the greased pan. Gently tap the pan to remove any air bubble formation in the batter.
- Now carefully place an aluminium stand or utensils inside the cooker first.
- Place the pan with batter on the stand. Cover the lid and cook/bake for about 30 minutes on medium heat. (If you want to cook on low/sim flame cook for at least 40 minutes.)
- You can check whether cake is cooked or not by removing the lid. Use knife and insert it in the centre of cake, if it comes out clean that means cake is ready.
- Let the cake stand for at least 10 minutes before removing it from the pan. To remove from the mould, flip the pan on a wire rack or a plate, it will automatically comes out.
- Cut the slices of Vanilla Chocolate Chips Cake and serve immediately !
- You can use butter paper with oil to grease the pan.
- If not using milk, use water.
- Use same recipe in microwave, ratios remain same for microwave.
- If using vanilla extract instead of essence use 1/2 tsp of extract.