Today’s recipe is ‘Tomato Beetroot Soup’. Winter is here and with that comes craving for hot soups, so here is one easy recipe for you all. It is a healthy soup which is free of preservatives which comes with ready to prepare soups. Everyone like tomato soup to make it more nutritious I have added add beetroot to the recipe.
Tomato Beetroot Soup recipe mainly requires – tomato, beetroot, onion, garlic, cream and few spices. For this recipe, I have blanched tomatoes. To prepare croutons at home, you can toast bread at home either in frying pan or toaster, until they are crisp and golden brown and then cut it into small squares. It is totally up to you whether you want to cut edges or not.
If looking for a non-veg soup recipe, you can check – Chicken Sweet Corn Soup (Healthy and homemade). To enjoy your evening you can also prepare garlic bread or pasta along with soup – Homemade Garlic Bread | Prepare garlic bread at home, Cheesy Garlic Bread (with veggie mayo topping), Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread (with mayo chilli dip), Spicy Meat Mince Pasta Recipe (pasta with minced meat), Veg Pasta in White Sauce | How to make white sauce pasta.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation you can leave your message in the comment section below. 🙂
Duration: 30 mins
Ingredients for Tomato Beetroot Soup
|Onion (finely chopped)||1 (small)|
|Garlic cloves||2 (finely chopped)|
|Black peppercorn powder||as per taste|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Sugar||as per tanginess of tomatoes|
|Water||2 cups or as required|
Method for Tomato Beetroot Soup
- Wash tomatoes. Make a cross on the top portion of tomatoes as shown in the below pic.
- In a deep vessel, boil water with salt.
- When water starts boiling vigorously, add tomatoes to it.
- Next, switch off the flame and cover the vessel for at least 15 mins. You can also add beetroot to the vessel to let it soften.
- After 15 mins, remove tomatoes from water and peel off the skin of tomatoes.
- In a grinder, make a puree of tomatoes and beetroot. keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat butter and let butter melt.
- Now add bay leaf, chopped onion and chopped garlic. Saute for 2-3 mins.
- Add tomato and beetroot puree in the pan. Let it simmer for 3-4 mins.
- Next, add water to the pan. When it starts boiling add sugar and black peppercorn powder in the soup.
- Lastly, to thicken the soup add water and cornflour mix in the soup.
- Garnish soup with coriander leave and serve hot with croutons!