Happy winter season everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Til Ladoo’, another winter special recipe. Whenever I hear about til ladoo the first sentence that comes to my mind is ’tilgul ghya god god bola’, which means have tilgul and talk sweetly. In Maharashtra, during sankranti while serving guests and family members people greet them with this saying.
Til ladoos are traditional Maharashtrian sweets amde with til (sesame seeds), peanuts, and gud (jaggery). They are made especially for Makar sankranti. They provide heat and energy to the body during chilly weather. Store them in an airtight container for a month.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from RasoiRecipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
For more dessert recipes you can check Moong Dal Halwa (with a twist) , Mango Basundi (Aam ki Basundi) , Easy Eggless Chocolate Cake , Coconut Laddoo (Nariyal ke laddoo) , Seviyan Kheer Recipe , Peanut Ladoo (two ingredients recipe) , Gajar ke laddoo (quick carrot truffles) .
Duration: 45 mins
Ingredients for Til ladoo
|Sesame seeds / Til |
|Jaggery / Gud||250 gms|
|Peanuts (roasted)||125 gms|
|Cardamom powder (optional)||1/4 tsp|
Procedure for Til Ladoo
- In a pan roast sesame seeds. Keep aside. (I have used both polished as well as unpolished ones for my ladoos.)
- Like wise roast peanuts also. Remove skin of peanuts and keep aside.
- Crush sesame seeds for one pulse. Do not powder seeds.
- In the pan heat ghee. Add jaggery and melt the jaggery.
- Cook the jaggery on a low flame until it boils and forms a thick syrup.
- Check the consistency by adding a drop into a bowl of water. If it forms a ball, the syrup is ready. Switch off the flame.
- Immediately add the roasted sesame seeds, cardamom powder and peanuts. Mix well.
- Apply water on your palms. Shape into walnut-sized balls while the mixture is still warm.
- If you feel difficulty in preparing balls, warm the mixture slightly again and continue.
- Cool and store in an airtight container for up to a month.
If you do not like whole peanuts, crush them in small pieces and then add. You can also add dry fruits in the ladoo.