Today’s recipe is ‘Dahi Phulki’. Dahi phulki is also popularly known as Besan ke Dahi Bade/vade. This recipe can be enjoyed during summer season. It is a simple recipe yet tastes as good as original dahi vada/bada. It is very simple and quick recipe which needs no further preparation.
Today’s recipe is a healthy drink ‘Masala Chaas’. Masala chaas is a perfect refreshing beverage for summer and you can enjoy it with any of the three meals or as a mid-meal option. It is full of ingredients which are known for their cooling properties. As this year Ramzan is also in summer season, you can also have it during iftar.
Kala chana chaat is a spicy and tangy snack recipe. You can serve this dish as a starter also. It is quick and delicious chaat recipe. Main ingredients for this dish are kala chana (whole bengal gram / brown chickpeas), tamarind and green chutney, spices, yogurt and few veggies. This dish can also be packed in your kids lunch box.
Kala Chana Chaat
Bathua Raita is a very popular raita recipe of north India. Bathua is also known as Chenopodium. This recipe is simple and easy. In winter bathua is a very easily available green leafy vegetable. For this raita recipe, you need fresh yogurt, bathua, salt and temper raita with few spices. Enjoy this raita/dip with hot parathas.
Hi foodies ! Today’s recipe is ‘Methi Thepla’. Thepla are Gujarati flatbread made from fenugreek leaves, different types of flours and few Indian spices. Balanced proportions of all the main ingredients gives a healthy snack or meal. Use fresh fenugreek leaves for this recipe. You can serve thepla as snack or as a full meal along with green chutney or plain curd / koshimbir or ketchup or any chutney of your choice.
For more paratha recipe, you can check Paneer Baida Roti (cottage cheese & egg parcel) , Jhatpat ratlami sev paratha (sev stuffed paratha) , Lachha Paratha (Warqi Paratha, Layered Paratha) , Gobhi Da Paratha , Butter Naan (how to prepare naan at home) .
For chutney recipes, you can check Mirchi Thecha (maharashtrian green chilli garlic chutney) , Sweet n Spicy Tomato Chutney (Tamatar chutney) , Chilli Garlic Sauce (Homemade) , Chili garlic chutney (Sabut Lal mirch aur lahsun chutney) .
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 10 mins (prep time) + 30 mins (cook time) = 40 mins (Total time)
Ingredients for Methi Thepla
|Fenugreek leaves/ Methi|
|Wheat flour/Atta||500 gms
|Maize flour/Makka atta||1 cup or 100 gms
|Gram flour/Besan||1 cup
|Salt||1 Tbsp as per taste
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp or as per taste
|Coriander powder||2 tsp
|Green chilli-garlic-ginger paste||15 (chillies)+1 pod garlic+1/2" ginger
|Carrom seeds/ajwain||1/2 tsp
|Cumin seeds/Jeera||1 tsp
|Sugar (optional)||1 tsp
|Oil for dough||1/2 cup
|Oil ||for shallow frying
|Sesame seeds||1 tsp
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||2 Tbsp
Procedure for Methi Thepla
- Wash and cut methi/ fenugreek leaves.
- In a large vessel take wheat flour, gram flour, maize flour, oil, salt, fennel seeds, carrom seeds/ajwain, cumin seeds, asafoetida, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric, curd, sugar and green chilly ginger garlic paste.
- Add chopped fenugreek leaves in the above mix.
- For thepla, divide dough in equal size balls.
- Now take one ball at time and start preparing small dough circle.
- Dust it with wheat flour and start rolling again.
- Heat a skillet/tava and place the thepla on it. Keep it on high flame.
- When thepla is cooked partially from one side flip it on other side.
- At this stage spread oil/ghee/butter on partially cooked side. Flip again and cook it fully this time.
- Spread oil/ghee/butter on the other side too and let the thepla cook till dark brown small spots starts appearing on it.
- Prepare all the remaining theplas like this.
- Serve it hot with koshimbir / plain curd / green chutney/ tomato chutney.
Hi everyone ! Today’s recipe is my childhood favourite ‘Koshimbir with Yogurt’. This curd salad was first introduced to me by my aunt (my mother’s friend), she is from Maharashtra and cooks delicious authentic Maharashtrian food. You can have koshimbir with any of your three meals. I love to eat it with parathas and sometimes like a small meal. It is a less than 10 mins recipe. Try this at home and let me know in the comment section below what do you think of koshimbir.
Koshimbir with Yogurt
Happy Friday everyone ! Today’s dish is ‘Macaroni Chaat’. This is my mom’s special recipe, which she prepares for us every year in Ramadan for iftar. You can enjoy this soothing dish as snack/appetizer during summer. It is a different recipe of macaroni with exciting mix of taste. Let’s get started with the recipe….
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. 🙂
Duration: 12 mins (prep time) + 10 mins (assembling time) = 22 mins (total time)
Ingredients for Macaroni Chaat
Boiled potatoes (small cubes) 2 nos. (medium size)
Yogurt 750 gms
Green chillies 4-5
Salt to taste
Red chillies 1/2-1 tsp
Green chutney 2 tbsp
(mint coriander chutney)
Tamarind chutney 2 tbsp
Boondi 1 cup
Nylon Sev/bhujia/sev 1 cup
Papdi (fried flour crispies) 7-8 (small pieces)
Chaat Masala 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves (chopped) 2 tsp
Black salt 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder (roasted) 1/2 tsp
Mint leaves (chopped) 1 tsp
Procedure for Macaroni Chaat
- Boil macaroni following directions written on the packet.
- If you are using salted water to boil your macaroni then adjust salt quantity accordingly for chaat.
- Now drain warm water and wash with cold water. Mix 1 tsp oil and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl add yogurt and mix boiled potatoes, green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves, salt, red chilli powder, chat masala, cumin powder and black salt. Mix well.
- Now add macaroni in the above mix. Let it chill in fridge if you are not serving it immediately.
- In the end, just before serving garnish chaat with sev, boondi, papdi, green chutney and tamarind chutney. While serving it, mix everything well.
- Your macaroni chaat is ready ! Serve it with love and enjoy with happiness. 🙂
- Onion is optional in this recipe, for additional crunch you are free to use it.