Today’s recipe is ‘Hot & Sour Soup’. Winter season and monsoon season is the best time to enjoy soups and when it is prepared at home nothing better than that. It is a healthy soup, in which you can add as many vegetables of your choice in it as you want. It is a good way to add veggies to your kid’s diet also. Serve hot soup as a starter for dinner or lunch to friends and family.
For this recipe, you will need – carrot, cabbage, capsicum, garlic, ginger, spring onion greens, vinegar, sauces like soy sauce, red chilli sauce, black pepper crushed. You can also use veggies like mushrooms, corn and french beans for soup. Hot n Sour soup derives its name from the hotness of red chilli sauce and sourness of soya sauce.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on the Facebook page or directly email it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 15 mins (prep time) + 20 mins (cook time) = 35 mins
Ingredients for Hot & Sour Soup
|Cabbage (finely chopped)||1 cup|
|Capsicum (finely chopped)||1 (medium)|
|Carrot (finely chopped)||1 (medium)|
|Garlic (finely chopped)||4-5 cloves|
|Ginger (finely chopped)||1/2 tsp|
|Salt||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Crushed black peppercorn powder||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Soya sauce||1/2 Tbsp|
|Red chilli sauce||1/2 Tbsp|
|Cornflour slurry||1.5 Tbsp cornflour + 1/4 cup|
|Spring onion greens (chopped)||2 tsp|
Method for Hot & Sour Soup
- Wash and chop all the vegetables.
- In a deep pan, heat oil.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic. Saute for a min.
- Add all the chopped veggies, stir-fry for 3-4 mins.
- When veggies are fried, add water to the pan.
- When water starts boiling add soya sauce, red chilli sauce and vinegar. Mix well.
- Next, add crushed peppercorn powder and salt. Let the soup boil till veggies are cooked. (Note: While adding salt please keep in mind that we have already added soy sauce to the soup. Adjust seasoning accordingly. )
- When veggies are boiled, add cornflour slurry in the soup.
- Lastly, before switching off the flame add chopped spring onion greens. Give it one last boil and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with spring onion greens, serve soup hot!