Today’s recipe is ‘Crispy Tilapia Fish Fry’. This is my first fish recipe on the blog. It is an easy starter dish. You can choose any fish variety for this recipe, I have used tilapia fish. Enjoy fish fry with any chutney of your choice along with onion and lemon. Fish fry can also be served as side dish with dal rice or chapati.
Crispy Tilapia fish fry
Crispy Onion Rings are easy to prepare and a quick snack/starter recipe. In this recipe, onions are dipped in a batter and coated with bread crumbs. You can prepare this snack in two ways, first way is to deep fry the onion rings and second way is to bake the onion rings in oven. This recipe is for every age group.
Crispy Onion Rings
Hello everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Rajasthani Mirchi Vada’. Mirchi bada is a chili cutlet in which green chillies are stuffed with potato masala and then coated with gramflour batter, coated green chillies are then deep fried. In Rajasthan you will find this snack in every food joint. Mirchi vadas are served with ketchup or green chutney.
Rajasthani Mirchi Vada
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
For more Rajasthani dishes you can also check Moong Dal Halwa (with a twist) , Rajasthani shimla mirch besan , Rajasthani Besan Gatte Ki Sabzi , Jhatpat ratlami sev paratha (sev stuffed paratha) , Sev ki sabzi (Ratlami sev ki sabzi) , Besan Ki Sabzi (from the land of Rajasthan) , Rajasthani Masala Mirch (stuffed green chillies) , Rajasthani Bharwan Mirch (Gramflour stuffed green chilli) .
Duration: 45 mins
Ingredients for Rajasthani Mirchi Vada
|Green chllies ||12-13
|Potatoes (boiled)||5 (medium size)
|Salt ||1/2 tsp (or as per taste taste)
|Dry mango powder/Amchoor||1/2 tsp
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp (or as per taste)
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp
|Green chilli/Hari mirch||1-2 no.
|Cumin seeds/jeera||1/2 tsp
|Mustard seeds/Rai||1/2 tsp
|Ginger (finely chopped)||1/2 tsp
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||2 tbsp
|Salt||1/2 tsp (or as per taste)
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp (adjust according to your taste)
|Carrom seeds/ajwain||1/2 tsp
|Baking soda||1/8 tsp
|Oil||for deep frying
Procedure for Rajasthani Mirchi Vada
- Wash and wipe all the green chillies with a dry cloth.
- Slit the chillies lengthwise on one side. Keep them aside.
- In a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds, let them crackle.
- Add chopped green chillies. Let it cook for few seconds.
- Add mashed potatoes in the pan.
- In the pan add red chill powder, turmeric, chopped ginger, amchoor powder and salt.
- In the potato mix add chopped coriander. Mix everything. Keep it aside.
- Prepare gramflour batter for coating. In a bowl take gramflour, red chilli powder, salt, carrom seeds, and baking soda.
- Add water and make a batter of coating consistency, you do not want pouring consistency batter.
- Stuff all green chillies with potato masala.
- Coat mirchi well with the batter.
- In a kadhai heat oil. Deep fry mirchi vada on medium flame.
- Repeat the above two steps for all the chillies. Keep mirchi vadas on the tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve mirchi vadas with ketchup.
Hi Everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Shami Kabab’ . This is one of the most popular snack recipe of non veg in Indian sub-continent. Kababs (mutton) are prepared from mutton/meat. Shami kababs are served with lemon wedges and onion slices along with chutney. You can also serve it as an appetizer to your guests. In our family we have it with chapatis/parathas/naan. Let’s get started with this delicious recipe.
Happy Monday everyone! Today’s recipe is ‘Falafel’. This recipe is so popular everywhere now that, it really needs no introduction. For those who are still not aware of this dish, falafel is a middle eastern dish which is served with pita bread which acts as a wrap or pocket. It can be served as an appetizer, with tahini-based sauce or any spicy sauce of your choice . You can have this dish for iftar with or without pita bread.
Falafel was so popular at one time that McDonald used to serve McFalafel in some countries. Falafel is a very popular vegan and vegetarian street food. Main ingredients for this dish is chickpeas or fava beans. Egyptian version of this dish uses fava beans. We are going to use cooked chickpeas for our recipe, let’s get started…
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. 🙂
Duration: 30-40 minutes
Ingredients for falafel
Chickpeas/chole (cooked) 2 cups
Coriander leaves (chopped) 1/2 cup
Garlic 2 -4 cloves (large)
Green chillies 3-4 nos.
Maida/ All purpose flour 3 tbsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Oil for frying
Ground cumin 1 tsp
Onion (chopped) 1 no.
Ground black pepper 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Olive oil/vegetable oil 3 tbsp
Procedure/method for falafel
- Soak chickpeas for at least 8 hours. Pressure cook till tender.
- Now in food processor, grind the chickpeas with all the other ingredients in a coarse paste, by keep adding oil at regular intervals. Do not use water to grind all the ingredients.
- Make small rounds of equal size with the mixture. Flatten all the chickpeas mixture balls in patty shape in between your palms.
- Heat oil in a frying pan/kadhai/wok.
- Deep fry the patties on high flame until golden brown. Do not flip patties as they are very soft and may split.
- Transfer falafel on a paper napkin lined plate.
- Serve hot and enjoy Falafel !
- You can make this dish with uncooked chickpeas also, in that case do not add maida (all-purpose flour) in the above recipe.
- If you have parsley at home you can add that too, reduce coriander leaves quantity to half and add equal quantity of parsley.