Today’s recipe is ‘Murmure Namkeen’. It is basically spicy puffed rice, which is healthy and is for those mid-meal cravings. It takes less oil to prepare this easy snack. Murmure namkeen can be prepared as one of those festive spreads, which we all in India serve our guest during festivals.
Hi everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Bhel Puri’. Bhel puri is also a form of chaat, it is made of puffed rice, papdi, spicy and tangy chutneys, namkeen/nylon sev (noodles shaped fried snack made out of gram flour) and vegetables. It is very closely associated with Mumbai and its beaches. Some other variants of bhel puri are jhaal muri (Kolkata) and churmuri (Bangalore).
Bhel puri is my favourite snack. I can have this yummy snack at any time of the day, yes I sometimes feel like having it early in the morning as my breakfast. 😀 😛 In this recipe instead of using green chutney I used that same paste which I used for preparing pani puri spicy water.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below. 🙂
For more chaat recipes you can check Pani Puri (Gol Gappa or Puchkas, homemade pani) , Dilli Style Aloo Chaat , Macaroni Chaat (Pasta/macaroni in yogurt) , Mixed Fruit Chaat (bowl full of flavours .
Duration: 10 mins
Ingredients for Bhel Puri
|Puffed Rice / Kurmura|
|1 big bowl
|Green chutney or pani puri spicy paste|
|Peanuts (roasted, optional)|
|as per taste
|Mint leaves or coriander leaves |
Procedure for Bhel Puri
- Wash and chop all the vegetables.
All the main ingredients of bhel puri.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and vegetables in a big bowl.
- Last step is to add both the chutneys and papdi.
- Mix everything nicely, till all the ingredients are mixed uniformly.
- Garnish bhel with sev and mint leaves, serve it immediately.
- For dry bhel or sukhi bhel, all you need to do is skip both the chutney.
- For jain bhel skip onion. Add raw mango instead.
- Nylon sev is a very thin variety of sev. Always use nylon sev for chaat and bhel.