Today’s recipe is ‘Paneer Chilla’. This recipe is a very healthy and nutritious recipe of lentil pancake which is stuffed with cottage cheese. It is basically moong dal chilla which is stuffed with spiced paneer/cottage cheese. I have already shared moong dal chilla recipe on the blog. Moong dal chilla recipe is available here.
Hey foodies ! Today’s recipe is ‘Moong Dal Chilla’. This is healthy and nutritious pancake recipe. You can have moong dal chilla for breakfast or as a tea time snack.Serve the pancakes with green chutney or tomato ketchup. For this you need whole green gram lentils (powdered), green chillies garlic paste, cumin powder, salt and whole spice powder.
Moong Dal Chilla
Hello everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Besan Cheela’. Besan cheela is basically gram flour pancakes, which can be prepared by adding spices and veggies of your choice in gram flour batter. You can have this dish in your breakfast or as a tea time snack. I love this dish for its simplicity. You can make it nutritious by adding grated cabbage, carrots or spinach. In my recipe I have added finely chopped onions, tomatoes, green capsicum and mint leaves.
Serve this recipe with tomato ketchup or chutney. If your kids give you hard time in when you serve them veggies, this recipe is what you need to add more veggies in their diet. This recipe is perfect for those who are on a diet.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 15 mins
Ingredients for Besan Cheela
|Besan/ gram flour||2 cups
|Onion (medium) (finely chopped)||1
|Tomato (medium) (finely chopped)||1
|Green capsicum (medium) (finely chopped)||1
|Salt ||1 tsp or as per taste
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp
|Water||aequired for batter of pouring consistency
|Oil||for shallow frying
|Carom seeds||1/4 tsp
|Cumin seeds||1/4 tsp
|Ginger (grated)||1/4 tsp
|Mint leaves (finely chopped)||7-8
Procedure for Besan Cheela
- Take a bowl, add gram flour, salt, cumin seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, carom seeds.
- In the dry ingredients, add all the veggies, grated ginger and curd.
- In the above mix, add 1/2 cup water first. Then according to your need, add more water to get pouring consistency.
- Heat a girdle or frying pan on a medium to low flame. Pour the batter onto the pan.
- Gently and carefully spread the batter.
- On a low flame let the cheela cook, till top of the cheela starts to look cooked.
- Drizzle oil over cheela and on edges. Cook from both the sides.
- Your cheela is ready to be served !
- Use veggies (grated or finely chopped) of your choice in cheela.
- You can also have it with roti/chapati. When added in cur/yogurt, you will get another dish besan cheela raita.
- Instead of mint leaves you can also use chopped coriander leaves.