Today’s recipe is ‘Murmure Namkeen’. It is basically spicy puffed rice, which is healthy and is for those mid-meal cravings. It takes less oil to prepare this easy snack. Murmure namkeen can be prepared as one of those festive spreads, which we all in India serve our guest during festivals.
Hello everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Aloo Namkeen’. It is an easy to make savoury snack made from potatoes, peanuts and spices. These tangy potato strips can be prepared in bulk quantity. You can store aloo namkeen in an air tight container. Let’s start preparing this delicious namkeen.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
For more potato/aloo recipes you can check Aloo Tamatar Ki Sabzi (Potatao and tomato gravy) , Dilli Style Aloo Chaat (Tangy potatoes) , Aloo Shimla Mirch Do Pyaza , Aloo Vada (Potato dumpling/ Batata vada) , Aloo Egg Pattice (potato egg pattice) .
Duration: 1 hr (prep time) + 15 mins (cooking time)
Ingredients for Aloo Namkeen
|Potatoes (medium size)||4
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp
|Cumin (jeera) powder||1/2 tsp
|Dry mango powder(amchoor)||1/4 tsp
|Chaat masala||1/2 tsp
Procedure for Aloo Namkeen
- Peel and wash the potatoes, grate or cut into fine matchsticks/strips shape.
- Soak potato strips in cold water for at least 1 hr, change water twice in between.
- Pat dry potato strips with the help of a dry kitchen towel.
- Heat oil in a kadhai/deep pan over moderate heat. Add potato strips in 2-3 batches and deep fry. Keep stirring constantly to keep strips separate from each other.
- Remove when they are golden or pale golden in color. Keep on a tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Same way deep fry peanuts.
- In a small bowl mix salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, and chaat masala.
- Sprinkle dry masala mix over fried potatoes and peanuts while they are still hot. Mix everything well.
- Aloo namkeen is ready, serve it hot or cool and store in an airtight container.
You can store aloo namkeen for one week. Adjust seasoning as per your taste.