Today’s recipe is ‘Besan Burfi’. It is a festival time, all you need this time is a quick and easy recipe of sweets and namkeen, here is one such recipe for you. Besan barfi is a traditional sweet which is loved by every age group. In this recipe, you do not need to make sugar syrup. Besan is one ingredient which is used in so many dessert and snack recipe. You can easily store this barfi in an air-tight container.
For this recipe, you will need – besan, sugar, ghee, semolina, and few dry fruits. I have used sugar in my recipe, you can reduce preparation time by using powdered sugar. Th key to any besan recipe is roasting of besan, in this recipe also you need to roast besan till it is golden brown and start releasing a nutty fragrance.
For more festival special recipes, check – Jalebi | How to make instant jalebi recipe, Sweet Boondi | Tri color Sweet boondi | Meethi boondi, Besan Ladoo Recipe | how to make besan ladoo | Besan laddu, Sabudana Kheer Recipe | Sago Pearls Porridge, Falooda (Rose flavoured dessert beverage), Shahi Tukra (Indian Bread Pudding), Milk Powder Coconut Rolls (Quick sweet recipe), Phirni (Rose flavoured Indian rice pudding).
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Yield: 24 pieces
Duration: 20 mins (cook time) + 4-5 hours (preparation time)
Ingredients for Besan Burfi
|Gram flour / Besan||2 cups|
|Sugar (whole)||1 cup or as per taste|
|Green cardamom powder||1/2 tsp|
|Dry fruits and desiccated coconut||for garnishing|
Method for Besan Burfi
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add ghee. Leth the ghee melt completely. Melt it on a very low heat.
- Add gram flour and semolina, roast/ cook for 6-7 minutes. Cook till besan turn golden in color and start emitting nutty fragrance.
- Add sugar (in powdered form preferably) and mix well. Cook for 2-3 mins more. Switch off the flame.
- Lastly, add cardamom powder, mix it well.
- Grease a thali, transfer besan mix in the thali.
- Press well to smoothen.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds, pistachios, and desiccated coconut.
- Leave to set for 4-5 hours at room temperature.
- Cut into pieces of your choice of size and shape.
- Enjoy besan barfi this festive season!