Today’s recipe is ‘Egg Veggie Cheese Toast’. It is a kids lunch box special recipe, which can also be enjoyed as snack or breakfast dish. Try this easy cheesy recipe, which is healthy and quick to prepare. This toast can be served with ketchup or any dip of your choice.
Egg Veggie Cheese Toast
Today’s recipe is ‘Purple Yam Beetroot Cutlet’. It is a healthy cutlet recipe, which is stuffed with paneer filling. This cutlet recipe is a quick and easy recipe. It can be served with any chutney of your choice or ketchup. This recipe is again a very tasty way to add purple yam and beetroot to your kid’s diet. You can also give cutlets to your kids in their lunchbox.
Purple Yam Beetroot Cutlet
For this recipe, you need boiled beetroot and purple yam as main ingredients. Paneer stuffing is also very simple to prepare as it requires only a few spices. While boiling purple yam and beetroot don’t remove skin, boil both the vegetables with skin. After boiling, peel the vegetables, and then grate them. For more healthy recipes, you can check – Tomato Beetroot Soup | Winter Special Recipe, Amla Murabba (Grated) | Indian Gooseberry Jam Recipe, Healthy Date Milk | Khajoor Doodh (Winter recipe).
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on the Facebook page or directly email it to me on email@example.com. I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 40 mins
Ingredients for Purple Yam Beetroot Cutlet
|Cottage Cheese/Paneer(grated)||1 cup
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||2 tsp
|Green chillies (chopped)||1 (medium)
|Red chilli powder||1/4 tsp or as per taste
|Salt||1/4 tsp or as per taste
|Chaat masala||1/2 tsp
|Roasted cumin powder ||1/2 tsp
|Purple yam (peeled,boiled and grated)||2
|Beetroot (peeled,boiled and grated)||1
|Green chilli (finely chopped)||2 (medium)
|Coriander leaves (finely chopped)||3 tsp
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp or as per taste
|Salt||as per taste
|Chaat masala||1/2 tsp
|Corn flour||2 tbsp
|Ginger (grated)||1/2 tsp
|Oil||for shallow frying
Method for Purple Yam Beetroot Cutlet
- Wash and boil purple yam and beetroot in a pressure cooker (for 15 mins at least.).
- While your vegetables are boiling, start preparing the filling. Grate or crumble paneer first and mixing all the spices and vegetables of stuffing together. Keep it aside.
- Next, peel and grate purple yam and beetroot one by one.
- Add chopped coriander and green chillies.
- Mix everything well. In the cutlet mix, add red chillies powder, salt, chaat masala, and grated ginger. (I forgot to add cornflour in the mix, to get crisp cutlets do add 2 Tbsps of cornflour. )
- Now, start preparing cutlet one by one.
- In the centre of cutlet add stuffing and prepare cutlet again.
- In a pan, heat oil to shallow fry the cutlets.
- Fry cutlets until crispy and golden brown from both the sides.
Purple Yam Beetroot Cutlets
Today’s recipe is ‘Khandvi’. It is a very popular snack recipe from Gujarat. It is one of my favourite snacks from the Gujarati cuisine. Khandvi is basically thin gram flour and yoghurt strips which are rolled and then tempered with green chillies and mustard seeds. It is also popular in Maharashtra, there it is known as Patuli and Dahivadi.
Corn Chaat is one of my favourite snack. This chaat is mix of all flavours, it is sweet, tangy and spicy. Perfect for breakfast or as a tea-time snack. You can even enjoy your movie time with this chaat, in case you are not in mood of having popcorn. You can also pack this dish in your kid’s lunch box also. There are two ways of preparing this recipe, for healthier version you can boil corn kernels or corn cob (and later remove kernels), second way is stir frying kernels in butter or ghee. In this recipe, I have used second way.
Baingan Bhaja is a dish from one of my favorite cuisine i.e. Bengali cuisine. Other name for Baingan Bhaja in Bengali is begun bhaja. Personally I love Bengali cuisine for its simple and light spices choices. Do try this recipe if you love simple yet delicious flavours. This dish can be served as a side dish along with dal rice/chapati.
For this recipe you need egg-plant which we use for baingan bharta. Bharta baingan are the biggest in size among all the variety of egg plants. I have allergy from all the other varieties of egg plants except this one variety, that is why I can only include this variety in my diet. There are many recipes with many versions available for this dish. Continue reading
Hello my foodie friends ! Today’s recipe is ‘Mixed Sprout Salad’. This recipe is a very healthy dish which is full of proteins and other nutrients. You can have this salad as snack or in your breakfast. For this recipe I have used only two variety of sprouts, but you can add your favourite sprouts. For this simple and healthy salad all you need is boiled/steamed sprouts, few veggies of your choice and few spices.
Mixed Sprouts Salad
You can pack this salad in your kid’s tiffin also. It takes only 15 mins of your time, you only need to give a nice toss to your salad.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
For more breakfast recipes you can also check Besan Cheela (Gram flour veggies pancake) , Sabudana Khichdi (Vrat/fast recipe) , Mayonnaise Veggies Sandwich (Easy n quick recipe) , Sabudana Vada (Sago fritters/vada)
Duration: 15 mins
Ingredients for Mixed Sprout Salad
|Mixed sprouts (boiled/steamed)||2 cups
|Boiled potato (cubed)||1 medium size
|Cucumber (chopped)||1 medium size
|Lemon juice||2 tsp
|Salt||as per taste
|Green chilli (chopped)||1 medium
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp as per taste
|Chaat masala||1/2 tsp
|Coriander (chopped)||2 tsp
Procedure for Mixed Sprout Salad
- Drain the liquid. Keep sprouts aside.
- Chop cucumber, boiled potato, tomato, green chillies and onion.
- Take a bowl add boiled sprouts, veggies, salt, lemon juice, chopped coriander, chaat masala, and red chilli powder.
- Mixed sprout salad is ready to serve !
Note: How to sprout mixed beans at home?
- Wash beans of your choice thoroughly, for this recipe I have chosen moong and black gram. Keep in mind moong starts germinating early.
- Soak your beans overnight. Soak both the beans separately.
- Next day, drain water and keep your beans in a container covered with a wet cloth.
- Keep the container aside, and check next day.
- If you are satisfied with length of your sprouts use them, otherwise cover with wet cloth again and check again next day.
- This is how I sprout my beans.
Hey everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Makhana Munchies’. Makhana is hindi name of lotus seeds, other names of lotus seeds are fox nut, Euryale ferox and gorgon nut. This is the simplest recipe of makhana. In India it is very commonly used as a vrat food and on various religious occasion. Makhana munchies can easily replace popcorn as a healthier alternative. It is a healthy food, which is full of benefits. Roasted makhana are of neutral taste, and that’s why you can flavour it according to you taste, just like popcorn.
Lotus seeds are a good source of protein, carbohydrates, fibre, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and zinc. Makhana have low glycemic index which make them perfect for diabetic people. Include makhana as a part of your healthy diet.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from RasoiRecipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Makhana Munchies
Makhana / Lotus seed 200 gms
Ghee 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp or as per taste
Salt 1/4 tsp or as per taste
Chaat Masala 1/4 tsp
Procedure for Makhana Munchies
- In a non stick pan, heat ghee (for healthier option use fat-free butter).
- Add makhana and roast on low-medium flame.
- Stir in between, roast for 8-10 or till crispy and crunchy.
- Switch off the flame and keep roasted makhana in a bowl.
- Sprinkle all the masala/spices on roasted makhana. Mix well.
- Serve immediately, when cool down you can store makhana munchies in an air tight container.
- When preparing for vrat/fast use black salt.
- You can use black pepper powder instead of red chilli powder.
- In the same recipe you can also add dry fruits like almonds, cashew nuts and raisins.