Today’s recipe is ‘Aloo Pakora’. It is a very common and easy fritter/pakora recipe. You can enjoy this recipe as a monsoon snack with hot cup of chai/coffee or as a iftar recipe. It is basically deep-fried snack in which thin potato slices are coated with gram flour and spices batter. Serve them hot with ketchup/green chutney/any chutney of your choice.
Hi everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Matar Dal Vada’. It is a tea time snack recipe which can be enjoyed with family and friends. This one is again from my mother’s biggest collection of recipes. Enjoy this delicious recipe as an evening snack with a cup of tea or coffee. It can be served with chutney or ketchup. Try this easy and tempting recipe at home and do let me know how it was.
Matar Dal Vada
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 4 hrs (prep time) + 15 mins (cook time)
Ingredients for Matar Dal Vada
|Matar Dal (dried split pea lentil)||1 cup
|Onion (finely chopped)||2 medium size
|Ginger (finely chopped)||1"
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||2 tbsp
|Curry leaves (chopped)||7-8 leaves
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp
|Red chillies flakes||1/2 tsp (heaped)
|Garam masala powder||1/4 tsp
|Salt||as per taste
|Oil ||for deep frying
Procedure for Matar Dal Vada
- Wash and soak split matar dal for at least 4 hrs.
- Grind matar dal in a coarse paste, use very small amount of water if required for grinding.
- Add finely chopped onion, chopped coriander, chopped curry leaves, chopped ginger, chopped green chillies, cumin seeds, and salt.
- Add red chillies flakes and garam masala powder in the mix.
- Mix everything uniformly.
- In a deep kadhai or pan heat oil. Make small patty shaped vada and deep fry.
- Keep vadas on a tissue paper to drain excess oil.
- Serve matar dal vada with chutney or ketchup.