Today’s recipe is ‘Schezwan Vegetable Noodles’. Noodle is one recipe which is favourite among every age group. The best part of noodles is that you can add as many vegetables as you want of your choice. I want to admit one thing here, that noodle is my favourite Chinese dish. Schezwan sauce gives spicy flavour to the noodles.
Schezwan Vegetable Noodles
Hello everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Rajasthani Mirchi Vada’. Mirchi bada is a chili cutlet in which green chillies are stuffed with potato masala and then coated with gramflour batter, coated green chillies are then deep fried. In Rajasthan you will find this snack in every food joint. Mirchi vadas are served with ketchup or green chutney.
Rajasthani Mirchi Vada
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
For more Rajasthani dishes you can also check Moong Dal Halwa (with a twist) , Rajasthani shimla mirch besan , Rajasthani Besan Gatte Ki Sabzi , Jhatpat ratlami sev paratha (sev stuffed paratha) , Sev ki sabzi (Ratlami sev ki sabzi) , Besan Ki Sabzi (from the land of Rajasthan) , Rajasthani Masala Mirch (stuffed green chillies) , Rajasthani Bharwan Mirch (Gramflour stuffed green chilli) .
Duration: 45 mins
Ingredients for Rajasthani Mirchi Vada
|Green chllies ||12-13
|Potatoes (boiled)||5 (medium size)
|Salt ||1/2 tsp (or as per taste taste)
|Dry mango powder/Amchoor||1/2 tsp
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp (or as per taste)
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp
|Green chilli/Hari mirch||1-2 no.
|Cumin seeds/jeera||1/2 tsp
|Mustard seeds/Rai||1/2 tsp
|Ginger (finely chopped)||1/2 tsp
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||2 tbsp
|Salt||1/2 tsp (or as per taste)
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp (adjust according to your taste)
|Carrom seeds/ajwain||1/2 tsp
|Baking soda||1/8 tsp
|Oil||for deep frying
Procedure for Rajasthani Mirchi Vada
- Wash and wipe all the green chillies with a dry cloth.
- Slit the chillies lengthwise on one side. Keep them aside.
- In a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds, let them crackle.
- Add chopped green chillies. Let it cook for few seconds.
- Add mashed potatoes in the pan.
- In the pan add red chill powder, turmeric, chopped ginger, amchoor powder and salt.
- In the potato mix add chopped coriander. Mix everything. Keep it aside.
- Prepare gramflour batter for coating. In a bowl take gramflour, red chilli powder, salt, carrom seeds, and baking soda.
- Add water and make a batter of coating consistency, you do not want pouring consistency batter.
- Stuff all green chillies with potato masala.
- Coat mirchi well with the batter.
- In a kadhai heat oil. Deep fry mirchi vada on medium flame.
- Repeat the above two steps for all the chillies. Keep mirchi vadas on the tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve mirchi vadas with ketchup.