Today’s recipe is ‘Tomato Beetroot Soup’. Winter is here and with that comes craving for hot soups, so here is one easy recipe for you all. It is a healthy soup which is free of preservatives which comes with ready to prepare soups. Everyone like tomato soup to make it more nutritious I have added add beetroot to the recipe.
Tomato Beetroot Soup
Today’s recipe is ‘Sweet Boondi’. This is one of my favorite desserts. Sweet boondi is famous in North India, when slightly mash, this same recipe can be used for motichoor/boondi laddoo. You can serve this dessert as a festive sweet.
Today’s recipe is ‘Crispy Onion Samosa’. Onion samosa is also known as Irani samosa. Samosa is my favourite snack as compared to kachori, that’s why I love to try various varieties of samosa. This one is a very popular snack in Hyderabad. Enjoy it with ketchup or chutney of your choice during tea-time.
Crispy Onion Samosa
Today’s recipe is ‘Cheesy Creamy Corn’. This dish is very simple yet very rich. If you are a cheese and cream combination fan, just like me, I am sure you will love it too. This recipe will take only 15-20 mins of your time. Serve it as a starter or snack recipe. I am sure kids would love it too.
Cheesy Creamy Corn
Hello foodies ! Today’s recipe is sumptuous ‘Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani’. This recipe is my mother’s version of authentic and world-famous chicken biryani. You can prepare this with mutton/lamb, by following this same recipe. It is a long recipe, but the end result is total worth of your every second.
There are two ways of preparing biryani – cooked and raw. In cooked biryani, cooked chicken or mutton is used in layering. In the raw biryani, raw marinated chicken or mutton is used in layering.
Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani
For more non veg recipe you can check Chicken Sweet Corn Soup (Healthy and homemade) , Easy Chicken Curry , Chicken Chili , Bhuna Murgh (Chicken with yoghurt and cream) , Chatpata Chicken Tikka , Bhuna Gosht (Lamb cooked with desi masalas) .
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 1 hour
Ingredients for Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani
For chicken masala:
Chicken 1 kg
Onion (chopped) 1/2 kg
Garlic 100 gms
Ginger 50 gms
Green chillies 10-15
Coriander leaves 1 bunch
Oil 3 cups
Mint leaves 1 bunch
Lemon juice 1 lemon
Red chilli powder 2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Curd 1/2 cup
Salt 2 tsp or as per taste
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Bay leaves 3-4
Black peppercorn 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon stick 3″
Green cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
Rice 1 kg
Water as required for boiling rice
Salt as per taste
Oil 2 tbsp
Green chillies 4-5 no.
Black peppercorn 7-8
Procedure for Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani
For chicken preparation:
- First step in chicken preparation is to prepare a green paste. Green paste is prepared by making a paste of coriander leaves, mint leaves, and green chillies.
- Make ginger garlic paste.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and caramelise chopped onion in it. After caramelising, grind it.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil. Add whole spices in oil. Cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add chicken, green paste, ginger garlic paste, all the dry spices and curd in the pressure cooker.
- Close lid and cook chicken for 5 minutes or 2 whistles. Add caramelised onion paste. Mix everything nicely.
- Add lemon juice and mix it with chicken masala.
- Boil water in a big deep pan.
- In the meanwhile scrub well and wash rice properly.
- Add salt and rice as soon as water starts boiling.
- Cook rice partially and strain water, keep rice aside.
Layering of rice and chicken:
- Take a big vessel for layering of rice and chicken.
- Grease vessel well with oil, cover bottom and sides of vessel. This is a very important step.
- Now start with layering, start with rice first. Sprinkle coloured milk on the top layer (adding color is optional).
- Prepare a temper : heat oil in a pan, add green chillies, black peppercorn, and cloves.
- Place the vessel on a thick hot tava. Cover the vessel with a lid. Keep heavy weight on the lid to dum chicken biryani. Cook for 10 minutes on high flame, lower the flame and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Garnish your biryani with lemon or green chillies or mint leaves. Authentic Hyderabadi chicken biryani is ready to serve !
Add saffron infused milk in the recipe, if you want to add smell of saffron, and want to give a more royal touch to biryani.