Today’s recipe is ‘Rajasthani Pitod ki Sabji’. It is a popular traditional dish from Rajasthan. The speciality of Rajasthani cuisine is that you will get many options when you ran out of vegetables at home. You will find many dishes from this cuisine in which main ingredients are besan (gram flour) and dahi (curd). If you love dishes prepared from gram flour which is tangy and spicy in taste, I am sure you will love this dish too. You can enjoy pitod ki sabji with chapati/parathas during lunch and dinner as a main course dish.
Rajasthani pitod ki sabji
Today’s recipe is ‘Dahi Phulki’. Dahi phulki is also popularly known as Besan ke Dahi Bade/vade. This recipe can be enjoyed during summer season. It is a simple recipe yet tastes as good as original dahi vada/bada. It is very simple and quick recipe which needs no further preparation.
Today’s recipe is ‘Boondi Ki Sabzi ‘. It is tasty dry tangy side dish recipe. Try this recipe with hot chapati or paratha during lunch or dinner. You can also carry it in your lunch box, as it is dry dish. It is easy and quick recipe, you can prepare it when in hurry.
Boondi ki Sabzi
Kurkuri Bhindi / Crispy Okra is a tasty, crunchy and spicy lady finger recipe. Bhindi is hindi name of okra or lady finger. You can serve this dish as a side dish with chapati or dal rice. This recipe is very easy to prepare and can be served for lunch and dinner as well as snack.
Kurkuri Bhindi (Crispy Okra)
Hello everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Besan Cheela’. Besan cheela is basically gram flour pancakes, which can be prepared by adding spices and veggies of your choice in gram flour batter. You can have this dish in your breakfast or as a tea time snack. I love this dish for its simplicity. You can make it nutritious by adding grated cabbage, carrots or spinach. In my recipe I have added finely chopped onions, tomatoes, green capsicum and mint leaves.
Serve this recipe with tomato ketchup or chutney. If your kids give you hard time in when you serve them veggies, this recipe is what you need to add more veggies in their diet. This recipe is perfect for those who are on a diet.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 15 mins
Ingredients for Besan Cheela
|Besan/ gram flour||2 cups
|Onion (medium) (finely chopped)||1
|Tomato (medium) (finely chopped)||1
|Green capsicum (medium) (finely chopped)||1
|Salt ||1 tsp or as per taste
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp
|Water||aequired for batter of pouring consistency
|Oil||for shallow frying
|Carom seeds||1/4 tsp
|Cumin seeds||1/4 tsp
|Ginger (grated)||1/4 tsp
|Mint leaves (finely chopped)||7-8
Procedure for Besan Cheela
- Take a bowl, add gram flour, salt, cumin seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, carom seeds.
- In the dry ingredients, add all the veggies, grated ginger and curd.
- In the above mix, add 1/2 cup water first. Then according to your need, add more water to get pouring consistency.
- Heat a girdle or frying pan on a medium to low flame. Pour the batter onto the pan.
- Gently and carefully spread the batter.
- On a low flame let the cheela cook, till top of the cheela starts to look cooked.
- Drizzle oil over cheela and on edges. Cook from both the sides.
- Your cheela is ready to be served !
- Use veggies (grated or finely chopped) of your choice in cheela.
- You can also have it with roti/chapati. When added in cur/yogurt, you will get another dish besan cheela raita.
- Instead of mint leaves you can also use chopped coriander leaves.
Hello everyone ! Happy Monday 🙂 Today’s dish is ‘Besan Ki Sabzi’. This dish is from the Rajasthani cuisine. It is very close to Jhunka, one of the very popular dish from Maharashtra. On the days when you do not have any vegetables at home, try this and give surprise to your family. You can have this dish in your main course with hot chapati/Paratha (made with desi ghee).
Besan ki sabzi is a very delicious dish made mainly with gram flour and onions along with some of the common Indian spices. It is a famous dish in Rajasthan because of its unique flavours. It is a quick and easy dish. If you are a fan of Rajasthani cuisine do give it a try.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
For more Rajasthani dishes you can also check Moong Dal Halwa (with a twist) , Rajasthani shimla mirch besan , Rajasthani Besan Gatte Ki Sabzi , Jhatpat ratlami sev paratha (sev stuffed paratha) , Sev ki sabzi (Ratlami sev ki sabzi)
Duration: 5 mins (prep time) + 25 mins (cook time) = 30 mins (total time)
Ingredients for Besan ki Sabzi
|Gram flour/Besan |
|Red chilli powder|
|Green chilli (chopped)|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)|
|Salt ||1 tsp or
as per taste
Main ingredients of besan ki sabzi
Procedure for Besan ki Sabzi
- In a large bowl add besan, red chilli powder, salt and turmeric.
- Add water in the bowl and prepare a batter of pouring consistency. Keep it aside.
- In a pan heat oil. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds, let them crackle.
- Add sliced onions and fry on medium to low heat until it is translucent.
- Now add green chillies and garlic, cook for 2-3 mins.
- This step is very important, pour besan batter slowly while continuously stirring it from other hand, otherwise it may form lumps.
- Add one cup water and cover the lid and cook on low heat (keep on adding water in between while cooking besan) until oil start separating from the all sides.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, mix it uniformly.
- Besan ki sabzi is ready to serve with hot rotis ! Garnish it with chopped coriander.
This recipe also tastes well with spring onion. If you do not have coriander leaves at home, you can use chopped spring onion.
Hello Everyone ! How are you all? Today’s recipe is Rajasthani Shimla Mirch Besan. It is a simple and tempting dish from Rajasthan. For this recipe all you need is gram flour, capsicum and few spices. Traditional recipe has green capsicum as the main ingredients, in this recipe I am using all three colors of capsicum. Though, you can use all three colors or only one color of capsicum, it totally your choice. I hope you all will try this recipe at home as this recipe is a nice change from popular aloo-shimla mirch (potato-capsicum) combination.
Rajasthani Shimla Mirch Besan