Today’s post is ‘Suji Ka Halwa’. Suji ka halwa is a dessert made of semolina. It is a very popular halwa recipe of India. This halwa requires very less time in its preparation. It is very commonly served as a Prasad for puja in India. Also popularly known as rava sheera, other versions of it are pineapple sheera or kesari sheera.
For this dessert, you will need- Rava/semolina/suji, ghee, milk, sugar and dry fruits. There is one more method of preparing this halwa in which milk is replaced by sugar syrup. In this recipe, I am using milk. My ration of semolina: milk is 1:3, i.e. for 1 cup suji add 3 cups of milk.
For more halwa recipes, you can check – Atte Ka Halwa | How to make atte ka halwa , Gajar ka Halwa (Carrot Halwa Recipe) , Moong Dal Halwa (with a twist), Bread Halwa | How to make bread halwa, Shahi Tukra (Indian Bread Pudding)
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly email it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Suji Ka Halwa
|Dry fruits (cashew nuts + raisins+ pisatchios)||2 tsp|
|Saffron strands||7-8 strands|
Method for Suji Ka Halwa
- In a deep pan, heat ghee. When ghee melts, add dry fruits of your choice.
- Add semolina and roast it, till suji starts changing its color.
- When semolina changes its color, add milk in it. Continuously stir the semolina while pouring the milk.
- Add cardamom seeds or powder and saffron strands in the pan.
- When suji absorbs milk and starts releasing ghee, add sugar.
- Cook till sugar disappear and halwa turns glossy.
- Garnish halwa with dry fruits and saffron.