Today’s recipe is ‘Sooji Dry Fruit Ladoo’. It is an easy dessert recipe, which is good for health. These ladoos helps in improving immunity during the winter season. It can be enjoyed as a mini snack, you can also pack one ladoo in your kid’s lunch box. It is a good way to introduce dry fruits in your and family’s diet.
For this ladoo recipe, you will need – semolina/sooji, dry grated coconut/desiccated coconut, cashew nuts, raisins, edible gum, ghee, sugar, and cardamom powder. There is one more version of this recipe, in which sugar syrup is used in the recipe. To reduce the difficulty level and preparation time of the recipe, I am using powdered sugar instead of sugar syrup.
For more dessert recipe, you can check – Lapsi Recipe | Broken Wheat Dessert | Rajasthani Special, Besan Burfi | Besan Barfi Recipe, Jalebi | How to make instant jalebi recipe, Sweet Boondi | Tri color Sweet boondi | Meethi boondi, Besan Ladoo Recipe | how to make besan ladoo | Besan laddu, Shahi Tukra (Indian Bread Pudding).
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 40 mins
Ingredients for Sooji Dry Fruit Ladoo
|Desiccated coconut||1/2 cup|
|Sugar (powdered)||1/2 cup or as per taste|
|Milk||2-3Tbsp or as required for preparing ladoo|
|Cashew nuts (in two halves)||2 Tbsp|
|Edible gum/ gond||1.5 Tbsp|
|Cardamom powder||1/2 tsp|
Method for Sooji Dry Fruit Ladoo
- In a deep vessel, heat ghee.
- Start frying cashew nuts first, till they turn golden in colour and keep it aside.
- Fry raisin, till it puffs. Keep it aside.
- In the same ghee, add semolina/sooji and roast till start fragrant and turns light brown in colour.
- Add desiccated coconut and roast for 2-3 mins.
- Next, add powdered sugar and cardamom powder. Cook for 3-4 mins. Switch off the flame.
- Remove the mixture to a plate.
- In the same vessel, add 1/2 tsp ghee.Start frying edible gum, till it puffs. Keep it aside.
- Add puffed edible gum/ gond to the ladoo mix.
- Now, in small batches start adding warm milk, to the mix. Add till you get a mixture of binding consistency, which is perfect for ladoo preparation.
- Start preparing ladoos from the mixture.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge.