Hi Everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Shami Kabab’ . This is one of the most popular snack recipe of non veg in Indian sub-continent. Kababs (mutton) are prepared from mutton/meat. Shami kababs are served with lemon wedges and onion slices along with chutney. You can also serve it as an appetizer to your guests. In our family we have it with chapatis/parathas/naan. Let’s get started with this delicious recipe.
I am going to prepare shami kababs here in two ways. In first way, I am going to add finely chopped coriander leaves, onion and green chillies in the kabab. In second way, I am going to grind all the veggies with kabab masala. You can keep kabab mix for at least two-three days in refrigerator.
For more non veg recipe you can check Chicken Sweet Corn Soup (Healthy and homemade) , Easy Chicken Curry , Chicken Chili , Bhuna Murgh (Chicken with yoghurt and cream) , Chatpata Chicken Tikka , Bhuna Gosht (Lamb cooked with desi masalas) Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani (My mother’s recipe) , Chicken Shami Kabab (easy chicken kabab/kebab) .
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 1 hr
Ingredients for Shami Kabab
|Boneless Mutton||1/2 kg|
|Chana dal||1 cup|
|Red chillies (dry)||16|
|Coriander seeds (whole dried)||3 tsp|
|Cumin seeds/Jeera||1 tsp|
|Garam masala (whole mix)||1 tsp|
|Onion (for mutton masala) (while cooking mutton)||1|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 tsp|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||1 small cup|
|Green chillies (chopped)||5-6|
|Onion (chopped) (after grinding)||1 medium size|
|Oil||for shallow frying|
|For garnishing||Lemon wedges, onion slices and mint leaves|
Procedure for Shami Kabab
- In a pressure cooker, add everything with boneless mutton except egg, chopped coriander leaves, and green chillies. (add everything shown below in the picture with boneless mutton)
- Cook for at least 15 minutes.
- Let the pressure drop, check whether meat is cooked completely, if water is there then cook again until water is absorbed.
- Keep the masala aside and let it cool down completely.
- Chop coriander leaves, green chillies and onions.
- In a processor blend the mutton mixture nicely.
- Next step is to add chopped coriander leaves, green chillies, egg and onion in the mutton mixture. Mix everything nicely.
- Start preparing equal size kababs.
- In a pan/skillet shallow fry kabab. Fry kababs from both sides evenly.
- Your kababs are ready to be served with mint leaves, onion slices and lemon wedges.
- In a processor blend the mutton mixture along with chopped coriander, onion, green chillies and egg.
- Prepare a smooth mix.
- Divide the mixture in equal parts and prepare kababs.
- In a pan shallow fry kababs. Fry kababs from both the sides evenly.
- Kababs are ready to be served. Serve with mint leaves, onion slices and lemon wedges.
- Do not change the quantity of chana dal in the kabab recipe given above, excess chana dal will lead to breaking of kababs.
- There should be no more water present in the mixture, that will also lead to breakage of kababs.