Hello/Salam/Namaste everyone! Eid Mubarak ! ♥ 🙂 (if you are celebrating it today). Today’s recipe is ‘Seviyan Kheer’, holy month of Ramadan ends today and eid will be celebrated everywhere with sweets and kheer, so let’s do same here on Rasoi Recipe too. Seviyan is must on eid, it is a custom to have a small sweet breakfast with kheer on the day of eid-ul-fitr. So that is a brief about seviyan kheer and eid-ul-fitr.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation you can leave your message in the comment section below. 🙂
For more Ramadan special recipes check Bhuna Gosht (Lamb cooked with desi masalas) , Aloo Egg Pattice (potato egg pattice) , Chilli Garlic Sauce (Homemade) , Aloo Vada (Potato dumpling/ Batata vada) , Macaroni Chaat (Pasta/macaroni in yogurt) , Quick Creamy Fruit Salad , Falafel (Chickpeas patty)
Duration: 40 mins
Ingredients for Seviyan Kheer
Full cream milk 5 cups
Seviyan 2 cups
Cardamom (powder/seeds) 1/2 tsp
Dry fruits 3-4 tbsp
(finely chopped almonds, pistachios,
cashew nuts, dates, and dry
saffron/Kesar strands 6-7 strands
Sugar 1/2 cup (as per your taste)
Ghee 1½ tbsp
Edible orange food color (optional) a pinch
Procedure for Seviyan Kheer
- Take a pan, heat ghee in pan, add seviyan and saute till golden in color.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a deep pan with cardamom powder/seeds.
- Add seviyan, mix well and cook on medium heat for 7-8 mins.
- Add sugar, mix well and cook on low heat for 5 mins.
- Add pinch of orange color and dry fruits let it boil for sometime.
- Garnish it with saffron strands and serve hot or keep in refrigerator and enjoy it later.
- Seviyan kheer thicken after cooling so reserve and add little milk in the end.
- You can also add condensed milk in this recipe, for more creamy and rich kheer.
- For thick kheer, add more seviyan.
- For more rich kheer, you can even saute all the dry fruits in ghee for 1-2 minutes.
My wishes for all my lovely readers
May God send his Love like Sunshine
in his warm and gentle ways
to fill every corner of your Heart
and fill your Life with a lot of
Happiness like EID DAY.
Wishing you EID MUBARAK ! ♥