Today’s recipe is ‘Schezwan Vegetable Noodles’. Noodle is one recipe which is favourite among every age group. The best part of noodles is that you can add as many vegetables as you want of your choice. I want to admit one thing here, that noodle is my favourite Chinese dish. Schezwan sauce gives spicy flavour to the noodles.
To prepare Schezwan Vegetable Noodles, you will require following ingredients – noodles, schezwan sauce, vegetables of your choice (vegetables like – capsicum, cabbage, mushroom, carrot, spring onion, and tomato), vinegar, and few spices. You can use readily available schezwan sauce or can refer my easy recipe of schezwan sauce . To prepare Veg Hakka Noodles, check – Veg Hakka Noodles (Noodles with stir fried veggies).
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 20 mins (prep time) + 20 mins (cook time) = 40 mins (total time)
Ingredients for Schezwan Vegetable Noodles
|Noodles||1 packet or 250 gms|
|Carrot (chopped)||1 large|
|Capsicum (chopped)||2 large|
|Spring onions (chopped)||2|
|Red onion (chopped)||1 (medium)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Schezwan sauce||2-3 tbsps|
|Oil||2 tbsp for stir frying
2 tsp for noodles coating
|Red chilli flakes or crushed black pepper (optionla)||as per taste|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Water||for boiling noodles|
Method for Schezwan Vegetable Noodles
- Wash and chop all your vegetables into julienne or finely chop all veggies.
- Heat sufficient water to boil noodles as per instructions are given on the packet. Add salt and 2 tsp oil in water. If nothing is mentioned in your noodle packet then boil for 12 mins at least.
- Strain noodles and rinse with cold water. So that the noodles stop cooking.
- Add oil to prevent sticky noodles. keep noodles aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or kadhai or pan.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, capsicum, red onions and spring onion.
- Stir fry all the veggies, it will take 6-8 mins.
- Add all your schezwan sauce and vinegar to the stir-fried vegetables. Season with salt and red chilli flakes/pepper. Mix everything nicely.
- Add noodles, toss well.
- Lastly, add spring onion greens. Mix well.
- Schezwan Vegetable Noodles are ready to serve!