Sabudana Namkeen (Sago Peanuts Snack) is a quick recipe for fast/vrat. It is one of my favorite namkeen recipe. This crispy namkeen can be enjoyed during tea-time. You can also store it in an air-tight container for at least a week.
For this recipe all you need is sago/sabudana (sago used in this recipe are different from the one which we use for sabudana khichdi) , peanuts and some spices (which are allowed during fasts). I am keeping it as simple as possible, but if you want to add coconut slices or any other dry fruit of your choice. Other recipes of sago/sabudana are Sabudana Vada (Sago fritters/vada) and Sabudana Khichdi (Vrat/fast recipe) .
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients for Sabudana Namkeen
|Sabudana / Sago||1 cup|
|Salt / Black salt (during fast/vrat)||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Crushed black peppercorn||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Oil||for deep frying|
Method for Sabudana Namkeen
- Heat oil in a deep wok/kadai/pan for deep-frying.
- You need very hot oil for frying sabudana. Carefully add sabudana and fry on a low-medium flame.
- Fry sabudana in batches. Remove on a paper tissue / absorbent paper.
- Next fry peanuts in batches. Remove on an absorbent paper.
- Mix fried sabudana, peanuts and all the dry spices in a mixing bowling.
- Serve hot or store in an air-tight container when cool down.