Today’s recipe is ‘Sabudana Kheer’. It is a traditional Indian dessert which is most commonly prepared during fasts or special occasion. This kheer is prepared using sabudana (sago pearls). I am a big fan of anything which is made of sabudana, this is also one of my personal favorites. Enjoy it during any season of the year.
Main ingredients for this recipe are – Milk, sago pearls, sugar, dry fruits mix, cardamom powder and any natural flavor. I have used rose-water, as that is my favorite flavor. You can try it with saffron also. Other sabudana/sago recipes which you can try are – Sabudana Namkeen (Sago Peanuts Snack), Sabudana Vada (Sago fritters/vada), Sabudana Khichdi (Vrat/fast recipe)
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on the Facebook page or directly email it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 30 mins
Ingredients for Sabudana Kheer
|Sabudana/Sago pearls||3/4 cup|
|Cardamom powder||1/2 tsp|
|Dry fruits mix, Chopped||3 tsp|
|Rose water||1 tsp|
Method for Sabudana Kheer
- Wash and soak sago pearls for half an hour, if using small size sago pearls.
- Strain sago pearls and keep it aside.
- Boil milk on high heat, when milk starts to boil, reduce the flame and add sabudana. (Keep stirring the milk.)
- Cook till sabudana are well cooked, press pearls in between your fingers and check. Let the kheer starts boiling. (Stir kheer in between)
- Reduce the flame, add cardamom powder and dry fruits. Cook for 3-4 mins.
- Add sugar in the kheer, cook it for 5-6 mins more, continuously keep stirring the kheer. (Keep in mind that consistency of kheer starts thickening when it cool downs completely.)
- Remove kheer from the flame and let it cool. After 10-15 mins, add rose-water in the kheer. Mix well.
- Garnish kheer while with chopped pistachios and rose petals.