Today’s recipe is ‘Russian Salad’. This is salad recipe is a quick 15 mins recipe. You can have russian salad any time of the day as a small meal or with any of your meal. You can also give this salad to your kids, if you find it very difficult to include veggies in your kid’s diet.
This recipe of russian salad is an eggless version, if you are an eggetarian or non vegetarian you can add boiled eggs in this recipe. Even mayonnaise used in this recipe is eggless mayonnaise.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Russian Salad- Video format
Duration: 10 mins (prep time) + 5 mins (cook time) = 15 mins (total time)
Ingredients for Russian Salad
|Cream||1 small tetra pack|
|Mayonnaise ||4 tbsp|
|Carrots (shredded)||1 small size|
|Potato (boiled, cube)||1 medium size|
|Apple||1 small size|
|Cucumber||1 medium size|
|Green Capsicum/bell pepper||1 medium size|
|Salt||1/4 tsp or as per taste|
|Sugar (optional)||1/4 tsp|
|Black pepper (crushed)||1/4 tsp|
Procedure for Russian Salad
- Boil potatoes. Chop the potato in small cubes.
- Wash all the vegetables and apple. Cut apple, cucumber, and capsicum in cubes of equal size. Shred carrots.
- Take a big mixing bowl, add cream, vegetables and apple in it.
- Add eggless mayonnaise in the bowl.
- Mix everything well.
- Add sugar, salt and crushed black pepper in the bowl.
- Mix well. You can either serve immediately or refrigerate and serve later.
- Veg russian salad is ready, garnish with shredded carrots and serve !
- Other veggies that you can use for this salad are boiled sweet corn, boiled peas, pineapple and beans.
- Add boiled eggs in this salad recipe, if you take eggs in your diet.
- Skip sugar, it is optional, if any health issue.