Hello Everyone ! How are you all? Today’s recipe is Rajasthani Shimla Mirch Besan. It is a simple and tempting dish from Rajasthan. For this recipe all you need is gram flour, capsicum and few spices. Traditional recipe has green capsicum as the main ingredients, in this recipe I am using all three colors of capsicum. Though, you can use all three colors or only one color of capsicum, it totally your choice. I hope you all will try this recipe at home as this recipe is a nice change from popular aloo-shimla mirch (potato-capsicum) combination.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
For more Rajasthani dishes you can also check Moong Dal Halwa (with a twist) , Besan Ki Sabzi (from the land of Rajasthan) , Rajasthani Besan Gatte Ki Sabzi , Jhatpat ratlami sev paratha (sev stuffed paratha) , Sev ki sabzi (Ratlami sev ki sabzi) .
Duration: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Rajasthani shimla mirch besan
Capsicum /shimla mirch/bell pepper (chopped) 6 medium size
(red,green and yellow color)
Gram flour/besan/chick pea flour 3 tbsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Red chili powder 1-1.5 tsp (heaped)
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Amchoor/Dry mango powder 1 tsp
Ajwain/Carrom seeds 1/4 tsp
Hing/Asafoetida a pinch
Procedure for Rajasthani shimla mirch besan
- Wash the bell peppers. De-seeds and cut the capsicum in to small pieces.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add chopped capsicum and let it cook till capsicum softens.
- In a bowl mix besan and all the masalas properly.
- Add this besan and spices mix in the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or till besan changes its color slightly and besan is nicely cooked. Keep in mind that when besan is overcooked it turns bitter in taste.
- Check the seasoning of dish, adjust it if needed.
- Serve it hot with phulkas/chapatis.
Use of all three colors of capsicum is optional, traditionally this is dish is prepared by using green capsicum only.
“Laughter is brightest where food is best.”