Hello foodies ! Today’s recipe is ‘Rajasthani Masala Mirch’. Try this quick masala mirch recipe at home and have it with dal rice/dal chapati. It tastes delicious and you can prepare this dish in only 20 minutes. All you need is few indian spices and long green chillies to prepare this side dish. Let’s get started with the yummy spicy chilli.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
For more Rajasthani dishes you can also check Moong Dal Halwa (with a twist) , Rajasthani shimla mirch besan , Rajasthani Besan Gatte Ki Sabzi , Jhatpat ratlami sev paratha (sev stuffed paratha) , Sev ki sabzi (Ratlami sev ki sabzi) , Besan Ki Sabzi (from the land of Rajasthan) .
Duration: 10 mins (prep time) + 10 mins (cook time) = 20 mins (total time)
Ingredients for Rajasthani Masala Mirch
|Long green chillies|
|Oil for shallow frying||2 tbsp or as required|
|Coriander powder||4 tsp|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Roasted cumin powder/ bhuna jeera powder||1 tsp|
|Dry mango powder/Amchoor||1 tsp|
Procedure for Rajasthani Masala Mirch
- Wash and wipe all the green chillies with a dry cloth.
- Slit the chillies lengthwise on one side. Keep them aside.
- Prepare dry masala by mixing coriander powder, dry mango powder (amchoor powder), roasted cumin powder and salt.
- Take one chili at a time and start filling it with the dry masala. Repeat this step for rest of the green chillies.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Place the stuffed chillies in the pan, cover it with lid and cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 mins, remove the lid and turn chillies, let chillies cook for 2 minutes more.
- If you have any remaining stuffing left, add that too in the pan.
- Check whether the chillies are soft and cooked evenly from all the sides.
- When stuffed chillies becomes tender, your masala mirch is ready to serve !
Your masala quantity will depend upon size of green chillies you are using. Adjust amount of masala accordingly.