Hey foodies ! Today’s recipe is ‘Rajasthani Bharwan Mirch’. It is an easy and tempting stuffed green chilli recipe. Bharwan mirch recipe is a very common side dish of Rajasthan. In this recipe large green chillies are stuffed with gram flour and few spices. You can store them in fridge for a week. Try this recipe at home and do let me know your feedback.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
For more Rajasthani dishes you can also check Moong Dal Halwa (with a twist) , Rajasthani shimla mirch besan , Rajasthani Besan Gatte Ki Sabzi , Jhatpat ratlami sev paratha (sev stuffed paratha) , Sev ki sabzi (Ratlami sev ki sabzi) , Besan Ki Sabzi (from the land of Rajasthan) , Rajasthani Masala Mirch (stuffed green chillies) .
Duration: 10 mins (prep time) + 20 mins (cook time) = 30 mins (Total time)
Ingredients for Rajasthani Bharwan Mirch
|Large green chillies||20 nos.|
|Oil for besan/gramflour masala||1.5 tbsp|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Cumin seeds/jeera||1 tsp|
|Dry mango powder/ Amchoor||1 tsp|
|Gram flour/Besan||1.5 cups|
|Oil||for shallow frying|
Procedure for Rajasthani Bharwan Mirch
- Wash and wipe all the green chillies with a dry cloth.
- Slit the chillies lengthwise on one side. Keep them aside.
- Prepare dry besan masala by mixing, besan, cumin seeds, dry mango powder (amchoor), salt, and oil.
- Take one chili at a time and start filling it with the dry masala. Repeat this step for rest of the green chillies.
- Heat oil in a deep pan for shallow frying. Place the stuffed chillies in the pan, cover it with lid and cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 mins, remove the lid and turn chillies, let chillies cook for 2 minutes more.
- If you have any remaining stuffing left, add that too in the pan.
- Check whether the chillies are soft and cooked evenly from all the sides.
- When stuffed chillies becomes tender, your masala mirch is ready to serve !
Your masala quantity will depend upon size of green chillies you are using. Adjust amount of masala accordingly.