Today’s recipe is ‘Pyaz ki Bhajiya’. As Ramadan is almost here, get ready for iftar time. Pyaz pakori is one of the most common dish on the iftar table during Ramadan. It is very easy to prepare recipe, and takes only half an hour to prepare it. You can enjoy it during tea-time or as a snack. Serve it with chutney of your choice or ketchup.
For crispy bhajiya outside and soft inside, you will need gramflour, chopped onion, green chillies, chopped coriander and few spices. More or less ingredients of bhajiyas are same, the main ingredient is the main difference. Use this recipe for preparing other bhajiyas like cabbage, spinach or potato.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
More pakori recipe that you can try are – Paneer Macaroni Pakodi (Cottage cheese pasta pakori) , Gobhi Pakora / Cauliflower Fritters Recipe , and Gobi Pakora (Cabbage Fritter/Patta gobi pakora) .
Duration: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Pyaz ki Bhajiya
|Onions (chopped)||2 medium to large sized|
|Green chilli||4-5 medium sized|
|Coriander leaves (Chopped)||2 Tbsp|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Salt||1/2 Tsp or as per taste|
|Garam masala/ All spice powder||1/2 Tsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 Tsp|
|Carom seeds / Ajwain seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Baking Soda||1/8 tsp or a pinch|
|Water||as required for fritter consistency batter|
|Oil||for deep frying|
Method for Pyaz ki Bhajiya
- Peel and wash onion. Chop onions lengthwise of medium thickness.
- In a mixing bowl, add gramflour, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, salt, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, soda, and carom seeds.
- Add chopped onion in the bowl, mix well. Keep it aside for 15-20 minutes, if you have time.
- Next, add water as required for fritters consistency.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Start frying fritters on by one on medium to high flame.
- Remove bhajiya on paper tissue or absorbent paper.
- Serve it with ketchup or chutney.