Purple Yam Chips is an easy and quick snack recipe. Purple yam is also called as ratalu and kand in hindi. Yams come in various size and are of cylindrical shape. Purple and blue foods are an excellent source of nutrients, which makes purple yam also a healthy energy source with important nutritional benefits. You can serve chips with ketchup or any dip. This recipe is a nice change from french fries or potato chips. Purple yam is easily available in market these days. Do give this recipe a try, and let me know your feedback.
For this recipe you need very few ingredients. You can either deep fry or shallow fry chips. Sprinkle chips with salt and red chilli powder.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Recipe in video format
Duration: 30 mins
Ingredients for Purple Yam Chips
|Purple Yam/Ratalu/Kand||250 gms|
|Oil||for deep frying|
|Red chilli powder||to sprinkle|
Method for Purple Yam Chips
- Wash and peel yam carefully. (Yam sometimes slips from hand that is why be very careful while peeling it.)
- In a bowl full of water, use chips cutter to cut yam in thin slices.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or kadhai.
- Start deep-frying chips on low-medium heat, add slices one by one, so they do not stick with each other.
- Remove chips on an absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle salt and red chilli powder on chips, toss chips.
- Crunchy and crispy yam chips are ready. Enjoy them with a cup of tea !
- Yam comes from tuber just like potato, they starts changing color very quickly when exposed to air.
- Sometimes after peeling yam, you may feel itching, wash your hands properly after chopping yam.
- Sprinkle with black salt and have them as vrat food. You can sprinkle chips with any spice of your choice.
- For crispy and crunchy chips I have used chips cutter, you can cut them according to your preference of thickness.