Today’s recipe is ‘Purple Yam Beetroot Cutlet’. It is a healthy cutlet recipe, which is stuffed with paneer filling. This cutlet recipe is a quick and easy recipe. It can be served with any chutney of your choice or ketchup. This recipe is again a very tasty way to add purple yam and beetroot to your kid’s diet. You can also give cutlets to your kids in their lunchbox.
For this recipe, you need boiled beetroot and purple yam as main ingredients. Paneer stuffing is also very simple to prepare as it requires only a few spices. While boiling purple yam and beetroot don’t remove skin, boil both the vegetables with skin. After boiling, peel the vegetables, and then grate them. For more healthy recipes, you can check – Tomato Beetroot Soup | Winter Special Recipe, Amla Murabba (Grated) | Indian Gooseberry Jam Recipe, Healthy Date Milk | Khajoor Doodh (Winter recipe).
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on the Facebook page or directly email it to me on email@example.com. I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 40 mins
Ingredients for Purple Yam Beetroot Cutlet
|Cottage Cheese/Paneer(grated)||1 cup|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||2 tsp|
|Green chillies (chopped)||1 (medium)|
|Red chilli powder||1/4 tsp or as per taste|
|Salt||1/4 tsp or as per taste|
|Chaat masala||1/2 tsp|
|Roasted cumin powder||1/2 tsp|
|Purple yam (peeled,boiled and grated)||2|
|Beetroot (peeled,boiled and grated)||1|
|Green chilli (finely chopped)||2 (medium)|
|Coriander leaves (finely chopped)||3 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Chaat masala||1/2 tsp|
|Corn flour||2 tbsp|
|Ginger (grated)||1/2 tsp|
|Oil||for shallow frying|
Method for Purple Yam Beetroot Cutlet
- Wash and boil purple yam and beetroot in a pressure cooker (for 15 mins at least.).
- While your vegetables are boiling, start preparing the filling. Grate or crumble paneer first and mixing all the spices and vegetables of stuffing together. Keep it aside.
- Next, peel and grate purple yam and beetroot one by one.
- Add chopped coriander and green chillies.
- Mix everything well. In the cutlet mix, add red chillies powder, salt, chaat masala, and grated ginger. (I forgot to add cornflour in the mix, to get crisp cutlets do add 2 Tbsps of cornflour. )
- Mix everything well.
- Now, start preparing cutlet one by one.
- In the centre of cutlet add stuffing and prepare cutlet again.
- In a pan, heat oil to shallow fry the cutlets.
- Fry cutlets until crispy and golden brown from both the sides.
- Serve hot !