Happy Monday ! Today’s recipe is ‘Punjabi Chole Masala Instant Bhature’. Chole bhature is a very popular dish of north India. Every Indian restaurant here in India serves chole bhature. Chole bhature is a delicious dish in which chickpeas are cooked with indian spices and it is served with fluffy deep-fried leavened bread. In this recipe, we are using soda water as leavening agent to soften and lighten dough. This instant bhatura recipe was shared by one of my friend, from that time we prepare our bhatura this way only.
This recipe requires no garlic and onion to prepare chole masala. It is a very easy recipe, someone with very less experience in cooking can prepare it. This chole masala recipe uses very less oil, so even person on diet can try this one.
You can prepare Punjabi chole masala powder at home only, check- Punjabi chole masala recipe to prepare chole masala.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 1 hour
Ingredients for Punjabi Chole Masala Instant Bhature
|For Punjabi Chole Masala|
|Tomato for puree||5 (medium size)|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Red chilli powder||2 tsp or as per taste|
|Punjabi chole masala||2 tsp|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||2 tsp (for garnishing)|
|Maida/All purpose flour||750 gms|
|Soda water||1 small size full bottle|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Oil||for deep frying|
Procedure for Punjabi Chole Masala Instant Bhature
For Punjabi Chole Masala:
- Soak chickpeas overnight or for 7-8 hours in sufficient water.
- Drain water and boil chole/chickpeas with salt, tea bag and soda in a pressure cooker. You can also prepare tea bag at home like me.
- Let pressure drop on its own. Remove tea bag from the boiled chole.
- In the boiled chole, add tomato puree, salt and punjabi chole masala powder.
- Now prepare a temper, heat oil, add curry leaves and red chilli powder.
- Temper chole, cook chole for at least 15 minutes. Mash chole and if you want semi dry consistency add water accordingly. Do not cover the cooker.
- Punjabi chole masala is ready to serve. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Sieve maida/all purpose flour, sooji, and salt.
- Add soda water and sugar, mix well.
- Knead everything well. Prepare a smooth dough.
- Cover dough with a cloth and keep dough for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or kadhai.
- Make balls from the dough and prepare bhature with the help of rolling pins.
- When the oil is hot enough, place bhatura in the oil. Let bhatura puff.
- When the bhatura are light golden, remove from oil and keep on a tissue paper to drain excess oil.
- Make rest of the bhatura this way.
- Serve the bhatura hot with punjabi chole masala and onion wedges.