Hello Everyone ! Sorry for being little slow in posting new recipes, I am out town ad hence the delay. Today’s recipe is Prawn Curry. All the seafood lovers this is one is for you. For the first time I am posting any seafood recipe and that too of prawn on Rasoi Recipe. Prawns are not easily available in every part of India, so if it is easily accessible in your city, you are lucky in my opinion. 😀
This recipe you can enjoy with dal rice, chapati or parathas. I prefer dal rice over chapati, not only prawns but I normally have every fish curry with rice only. So I leave it up to you how you want to enjoy this recipe. 🙂
It is very easy and quick recipe. All you need is deveined and shelled prawn (of any size of your preference), tomatoes, onion, garlic, coconut milk, and few spices. Serve it hot with dal rice or chapati as side dish.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 30 mins
Ingredients for Prawn Curry
|Onion (very finely chopped)||1 (large)|
|Tomato (paste)||2 (medium size)|
|Garlic (crushed)||4-5 cloves|
|Red chilli powder||1.5 tsps (levelled)|
|Coriander powder||2 tsps
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Salt||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Coconut milk powder||1 tsp (mixed in 1/4th cup of water)|
|Coriander leaves||2 tsps (chopped)|
Method for Prawn Curry
- If you are using deveined prawns, firstly wash and remove the vein (which looks like a black thread and is present in the prawns). Keep it aside.
- Next, heat oil in a pan, add very finely chopped onion and crushed garlic. Saute till golden brown and all the raw smell fades away.
- Add tomato paste and all the spices. Saute till oil starts separating from all the sides.
- In a small bowl of water, mix coconut milk powder (if you are using milk powder). Add coconut milk in the pan, cook till oil starts oozing out from all the curry masala.
- Now, add prawn and cook till prawns turns white from all sides. Cover and cook prawns, turning it few times, for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot !