Hi foodies ! Today’s recipe is ‘Chicken Popcorn’. For this recipe bite-sized deep-fried chicken pieces are coated with an egg and spice mix. The best part about this recipe is that you need very small quantity of boneless chicken and it will take only 20 minutes of your time. It is a perfect for every age group recipe, which can be served as a starter or evening snack. Do try this recipe at home and enjoy with your guests and family.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
For more non veg recipe you can check Chicken Sweet Corn Soup (Healthy and homemade) , Easy Chicken Curry , Chicken Chili , Bhuna Murgh (Chicken with yoghurt and cream) , Chatpata Chicken Tikka , Bhuna Gosht (Lamb cooked with desi masalas) Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani (My mother’s recipe) , Chicken Shami Kabab (easy chicken kabab/kebab) .
Duration: 20 mins
Ingredients for Popcorn Chicken
|Boneless chicken (cut in bite size pieces)||250 gms|
|All purpose flour/ Maida||1.5 cups|
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|All spice powder /garam masala||1/2 tsp (heaped) or as per taste|
|Garlic (crushed)||5-6 cloves|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Oil||for deep frying|
|Chaat Masala||sprinkle on popcorn|
Procedure for Popcorn Chicken
- Cut chicken pieces into bite sized pieces.
- This step is optional, if you have time then soak chicken pieces in buttermilk for at least 45 minutes. This process is called brining, which helps in getting juiciest deep-fried popcorn.
- Prepare an egg-spice mix, in a bowl, add egg, all spice powder, grated or crushed garlic (you can use garlic powder also), salt and baking powder. Mix everything nicely.
- Add chicken pieces in the mix.
- In another bowl, take all-purpose flour (maida).
- Dust chicken pieces with flour uniformly.
- In a deep wok or pan, heat oil on medium heat. Deep fry popcorn till golden brown in color.
- Sprinkle popcorn chicken with chaat masala.
- Serve popcorn chicken with ketchup !