Poha Cutlets sounds something different, right? They tastes as delicious as aloo tikki, but are more crispy and crunchy then tikki. It is a crunchy tea time snack, perfect as a starter also. This dish gives twist to your aloo tikki. When you are not in mood of having poha, go for this recipe.
These cutlets can be cooked in both ways deep as well as shallow frying. When deep-frying, coat it with breadcrumb for binding. I tried shallow fried way of cooking, and coated my cutlets with sooji/rava/semolina. Pair hot cutlets with ketchup or green chutney or any other chutney of your choice. 🙂
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Poha Cutlets
|Poha / Flattened Rice||1 cup|
|Potato (mashed boiled)||3 (medium)|
|Green chilli (finely chopped)||3 (large)|
|Chaat masala||1 tsp|
|Salt||1/2 tsp (heaped) (or as per taste)|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||2 tbsp|
|Mint leaves (chopped)||1 tsp|
|Oil||for shallow frying|
Method for Poha cutlets
- Boil and mash potatoes.
- Wash poha 4-5 times properly.
- In a mixing add poha and mashed boiled potatoes.
- Add all the ingredients except semolina and oil i.e. red chilli powder,green chillies, coriander leaves, mint leaves (optional), salt, chaat masala in the bowl. If you want more tangy then squeeze lemon juice also according to your taste.
- Mix well.
- Start preparing cutlets of your desired shape. Coat each cutlet with semolina.
- Heat a pan, drizzle oil and start shallow frying cutlets, till golden in color from the both the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney or ketchup !