Poha Chivda is a very common festive season namkeen (snack). This namkeen or snack can be enjoyed with a cup of tea with family and friends. For this recipe I have used thick poha, you can also opt for thin poha. It is one of my favourite crispy and easy to prepare savoury snack. It is crispy, spicy, tangy and sweet snack.
All you need for this recipe, poha, peanuts, few spices, coconut, green chillies and curry leaves. To make it more rich in taste, add fried dry fruits of your choice. This recipe takes only 20-25 minutes of your time.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 20-25 minutes
Ingredients for Poha Chivda
|Poha / Flattened rice||1.5 cups|
|Green chilli (finely chopped)||3 (large)|
|Coconut (dry) (chopped in small pieces)||1-2 tsp|
|Salt||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Sugar (powdered)||1 tsp|
|Black peppercorn (crushed)||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Citric acid (powdered)||2 pinches|
|Oil||for deep frying|
Method for Poha Chivda
- Heat oil in a deep wok or kadhai on a low flame.
- In the meanwhile, wash and chop green chilli.Cut dry coconut in small pieces.
- Start deep-frying poha in small batches on low heat, fry till poha are crispy. Strain poha and keep them in a mixing bowl.
- Like poha, next deep fry peanuts till they are crispy and golden red in color. Strain peanuts and add them in mixing bowl along with poha.
- In the mixing bowl add, powdered sugar, salt, crushed black pepper corn and citric acid powder. Mix well.
- After poha and peanuts, deep fry green chillies, curry leaves and coconut flakes. Strain extra oil and add them in mixing bowl.
- Lastly, add green chillies, curry leaves and coconut flakes with poha and peanuts mix. Mix well properly.
- Serve hot and crispy !