Today’s recipe is ‘Papad Ki Sabji’. It is a popular dish from Rajasthani and Gujarati cuisine. When you are not in the mood of having vegetables and want to have something quick, you can prepare this dish easily. For this recipe, you need fry or roast papad and cook it in a gravy made of curd. This dish can be enjoyed during lunch or dinner.
Main ingredients for this recipe are – Papad, curd, Kasuri methi, ghee and few spices. If you do not have curd use tomato puree instead of curd. Both curd and tomato puree can be used for the gravy.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on the Facebook page or directly email it to me on email@example.com. I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 20-30 mins
Ingredients for Papad ki Sabji
|Moong dal papad||2 (big size)|
|Curd + water||1/2 cup + 1/2 cup|
|Coriander powder||2 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Kasuri methi||2 Tbsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||for garnishing|
Method for Papad ki Sabji
- Roast papads for 2 mins in the microwave or on gas. Divide roasted papad into medium-size pieces. Keep it aside.
- In a deep pan heat ghee.
- Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Saute till both starts spluttering.
- Next, add chopped onion and cook until golden brown.
- When onion turns golden brown, add ginger-garlic paste. Add a small amount of water and cook until the raw smell of ginger-garlic paste fades away.
- Next, add all the dry spices except kasuri methi in the pan. Add small half cup water, so that all spices mix uniformly. Cook till ghee starts separating.
- Whisk curd with half cup water and add in the pan. Continuously stir the gravy so that curd does not splatter.
- Add kasuri methi in the gravy and cook till gravy starts thickening.
- Add 1 cup water to the gravy. Let it starts boiling.
- When gravy starts boiling add papad pieces. Cook for 2-3 mins until papad softens.
- Garnish sabzi with chopped coriander.
- While adding salt in the dish keep in mind that papad always has very high salt content.
- You can also use oil instead of ghee, but ghee makes this dish tastier.
- The quantity of curd can vary according to the sourness of curd.