Today’s recipe is ‘Paneer Tikka’. This recipe is a tandoori dish, in which freshly grilled or cooked paneer (cottage cheese) cubes are marinated in spices and yogurt and are then arranged on skewer with onion and capsicum. You can enjoy paneer tikka as starter or snacks. Tikka goes well with green (mint) chutney. It is a vegetarian alternative of chicken tikka, so you can prepare chicken tikka in same way. Traditionally, tikkas are grilled in tandoor, but I prepared my tikkas in microwave and on tawa both. Paneer tikka is a very healthy and low-calorie starter. This recipe needs only 30 minutes.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below. 🙂
For more paneer recipes, you can check Jhatpat Shahi Paneer (Quick royal cottage cheese) , Paneer Baida Roti (cottage cheese & egg parcel) , Paneer Masala (Cottage cheese in tomato gravy with peas and capsicum) Paneer Paratha (Cottage cheese stuffed paratha).
Paneer Tikka – Recipe in video format.
Duration: 30 mins
Ingredients for Paneer Tikka
|Cottage Cheese||250 gm|
|Capsicum (cut in cubes)||1|
|Onion (cut in cubes)||1|
|Hung curd||3/4 cup|
|Besan/Gram flour||2 tbsp|
|Saffron strands||5-6 strands|
|Kasoori methi/ dried roasted methi (crushed)||1/2 tsp|
|Roasted cumin powder||1 tsp|
|Lemon juice||4 tsp|
|black peppercorn (crushed)||3-4 peppercorns|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp|
|Chaat masala||to sprinkle|
Procedure for Paneer Tikka
- Cut paneer, capsicum and onion in cubes.
- In a non stick pan heat one tsp oil and roast besan/gram flour on low heat till fragrant.
- In a bowl mix together, hung curd, besan/gramflour, cumin powder, crushed black peppercorns, dried fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder, lemon juice, saffron strands and salt.
- Add the paneer pieces in the marinade and toss gently.
- Keep it aside to marinate for ten to fifteen minutes.
- After 15 mins add vegetables also in the marinade and toss gently.
- Start threading veggies and paneer cubes on a satay stick. You can thread it in the following order: onion, paneer cube, capsicum, paneer and onion.
- Next you can cook paneer tikka in two ways at home if you do not have tandoor. First way is to prepare in a microwave for 15 minutes on 180º C.
- Second way is to shallow fry on a tawa on medium heat, turning sticks from time to time so that the paneer cubes and veggies cook evenly on all sides.
- Sprinkle chaat masala on tikkas. Serve hot with mint chutney.
- Green, red and yellow all three types of bell pepper can be used in paneer tikka.