Hello, my foodie friends! How are you all doing? Today’s recipe is ‘Paneer Paratha’. This is one of the most popular stuffed parathas from Punjabi cuisine. You can serve this dish with koshimbir / plain curd / boondi raita/ pickle.
Paneer is a rich source of milk protein and that makes it one of the most healthy food item. It is the most common type of cheese used in Indian subcontinent. It is so popular in India, that most of the famous international food joints serve dishes in which paneer is the main ingredient.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below. ?
For more paratha recipes, you can check Paneer Baida Roti (cottage cheese & egg parcel) , Jhatpat ratlami sev paratha (sev stuffed paratha) , Lachha Paratha (Warqi Paratha, Layered Paratha) , Gobhi Da Paratha .
For more paneer recipes, you can check Jhatpat Shahi Paneer (Quick royal cottage cheese) , Paneer Baida Roti (cottage cheese & egg parcel) , Paneer Masala (Cottage cheese in tomato gravy with peas and capsicum) .
Duration: 5 mins (prep time) + 20 mins (cook time) = 25 mins (total mins)
Ingredients for Paneer Paratha
|Wheat flour||1/2 kg|
|Water||as required for dough|
|Fresh Paneer / Cottage Cheese |
|Mint leaves (chopped)||7-8|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||2 tbsp (heaped)|
|Onion (chopped)||1 (medium) (optional)|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Chaat masala||1 tsp|
|Jeera/cumin powder||1/2 tsp|
|Garam masala / All spice powder||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger (grated)||1 tsp (levelled)|
Procedure for Paneer Paratha
- Knead the wheat flour/atta with water and salt to prepare the fresh and smooth dough. Cover it with a cloth, keep it aside.
- Grate paneer with the help of a grater.
- Add all the ingredients of filling in the paneer.
- Mix everything gently and slowly, stuffing for paratha is ready, keep it aside.
- For paratha, divide dough into equal size balls.
- Now take one ball at a time and start preparing small dough circle.
- Place a tbsp of paneer filling in the centre, close it from all sides.
- Dust it with wheat flour and start rolling again.
- Heat a skillet/tava and place the paratha on it. Keep it on high flame.
- When paratha is cooked partially from one side flip it on another side.
- At this stage spread oil/ghee/butter on the partially cooked side. Flip again and cook it fully this time.
- Spread oil/ghee/butter on the other side too and let the paratha cook till dark brown small spots start appearing on it.
- Prepare all the remaining parathas like this.
- Serve it hot with koshimbir / plain curd / boondi raita/ pickle.
- You can add black salt also in the stuffing, in the ingredients it is not there because it is already there in chaat masala.