Hello foodies ! Today’s recipe is ‘Paneer Makhani’. Now enjoy paneer butter masala at home with this simple yet delicious recipe of paneer. You can have it as a side dish for lunch or dinner. Serve this dish with hot chapati/roti/paratha/butter naan. This is one of my favorite punjabi dish. I hope you all will love it too.
For this recipe you need paneer, onion , tomato and butter as main ingredients. In case you do not have tomatoes at home use tomato puree.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from RasoiRecipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
For more paneer recipes, you can check Paneer Baida Roti (cottage cheese & egg parcel) , Dhaba Style Paneer Bhurji (scrambled cottage cheese) , Paneer Masala (Cottage cheese in tomato gravy with peas and capsicum) Jhatpat Shahi Paneer (Quick royal cottage cheese) Paneer Paratha (Cottage cheese stuffed paratha) Paneer Macaroni Pakodi (Cottage cheese pasta pakori) .
Duration: 45 mins
Ingredients for Paneer Makhani
|Paneer / Cottage cheese||200 gms|
|Onion (chopped)||3 medium|
|Tomato (chopped)||4 medium|
|Cinnamon stick||1" piece|
|Kasoori methi/dry fenugreek leaves||2 tsp|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||for garnishing|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Coriander powder||2 tsp|
|Salt||1 tsp or as per taste|
|All spice powder / garam masala||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper corn / saboot kali mirch||4-5|
Procedure for Paneer Makhani
- Wash and chop tomato and onion.
- Cut paneer in cubes.
- In a pan, heat butter.
- When butter starts melting, add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add cardamom, cloves and cinnamon stick, stir fry for 1 min.
- Now add garlic and ginger in the pan and fry till raw smell fades away.
- Add chopped onion and cashew nuts in the pan and fry till translucent.
- When onions are translucent add chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for 2-3 mins, add 1/4th cup of water, cover the lid and cook on medium flame.
- Cook till tomatoes are tender. Let it cool down.
- Make a smooth paste out of above tomato-onion mix.
- In a pan add 1 tsp oil then add butter. This stop burning of butter.
- Add red chilli powder and bay leaf, stir it continuously for only 30 secs.
- Add tomato onion paste in the pan. Cook for few minutes.
- At this point add coriander powder, salt, turmeric and all spice powder. Mix everything.
- Cook the gravy till oil separates.
- Add kasoori methi, sugar and cream. Mix everything.
- Add paneer cubes in the gravy. Coat cubes with gravy. Cook for 2-3 mins till the paneer cubes are cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and cream swirl. Your paneer makhni is ready to serve.
For red color of gravy you can add artificial edible color or kashmiri/deggi red chilli powder.