Today’s recipe is ‘Paneer Chilla’. This recipe is a very healthy and nutritious recipe of lentil pancake which is stuffed with cottage cheese. It is basically moong dal chilla which is stuffed with spiced paneer/cottage cheese. I have already shared moong dal chilla recipe on the blog. Moong dal chilla recipe is available here.
Paneer chilla can be enjoyed as a breakfast recipe or mid meal/tea-time snack. It is a quick recipe. You can serve it with green chutney or ketchup. As month of Ramadan is going on, you cook this healthy and nutritious chilla for iftar.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 45 mins
Ingredients for Paneer Chilla
|Paneer/cottage cheese||100 gms|
|Garam masala / all spice powder||1/2 tsp|
|Roasted cumin powder / jeera powder||1/2 tsp|
|Chaat masala||1/2 tsp|
|Black salt||1/4 tsp or as per taste|
|Mint leaves||9-10 leaves|
|Saboot Moong dal / Green gram lentil flour||2 cups|
|Salt||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Bhuna jeera / Roasted cumin powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala / All spice powder||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Oil||for shallow frying|
|Water||for preparing batter|
Method for Paneer Chilla
For filling :
- Grate fresh paneer/cottage cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the filling ingredients listed above. Mix well.
For chilla :
- Prepare flour of moong dal/green gram lentil, if you have flour mill at home.
- Now prepare a batter for chilla/pancakes. Batter should be of pouring consistency. Keep it aside for 10-15 mins.
- In the batter add cumin seeds powder, all spice powder and salt. Mix well.
- Prepare a coarse paste of green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Add paste in the batter and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Spread batter in the pan in round shape with the help of spoon back.
- Drizzle oil on the edges of chilla/pancake. Cook chilla on medium heat.
- Flip the chilla and cook from both the sides by applying oil.
- Spread 1-2 tsp cottage cheese on the chilla. Fold it in half.
- Cook till chillas are golden brown and cooked from both the sides.
- Repeat above steps for all the chillas.
- Healthy and nutritious chillas are ready to serve. Serve paneer chillas with ketchup or any chutney of your choice.