Hello everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Dhaba Style Paneer Bhurji’. In this recipe paneer or cottage cheese is scrambled/crumbled/grated and cooked with veggies and spices. Serve this dish with hot chapati/paratha. It is a quick recipe, in which you saute onion and tomato along with few spices, lastly add grated paneer. You can also pack paneer bhurji in your kid’s lunch box. This is very commonly available dhaba dish, that is served at every north Indian dhaba (roadside food stall on highways). Bhurji is hindi word for scrambled.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from RasoiRecipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
For more paneer recipes, you can check Paneer Baida Roti (cottage cheese & egg parcel) Paneer Masala (Cottage cheese in tomato gravy with peas and capsicum) Jhatpat Shahi Paneer (Quick royal cottage cheese) Paneer Paratha (Cottage cheese stuffed paratha) Paneer Macaroni Pakodi (Cottage cheese pasta pakori) .
Serves : 3
Duration: 30 mins
Ingredients for Dhaba Style Paneer Bhurji
|Paneer/Cottage cheese||200 gms|
|Onion (finely chopped)||5 small size|
|Tomato (finely chopped)||2 medium size|
|Green chillies (chopped)||2|
|Garam masala/All spice powder||1/4 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Cumin seeds /Jeera||1/2 tsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Coriander (chopped)||2 tbsp|
|Kasoori methi (crushed)||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Salt||as er taste|
Procedure for Dhaba Style Paneer Bhurji
- Grate paneer/cottage cheese and keep it aside.
- In a non-stick pan heat oil, add cumin seeds/jeera and let them crackle.
- Add onion and cook until they turn translucent or 5 mins on a medium flame.
- When onion turn translucent, add ginger garlic paste. Cook till raw smell fades away.
- Add green chillies and saute for few minutes.
- Now add chopped tomato, cook till they become soft.
- When tomatoes are almost done, add all the dry spices. Mix everything well.
- Next step is to add grated paneer. Mix nicely.
- Final step is to add chopped coriander and crushed kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves). Mix well.
- Dhaba style paneer bhurji is ready to serve !