Today’s recipe is ‘Palak Puri’. Spinach is healthy but not everyone is fond of it 😀 .The market is loaded with green veggies these days, palak puri is one dish with which you can add healthy green veggies to your diet. These puris go really well with aloo ki sabzi, I have shared many aloo recipes on the blogs, you can prepare any as a side dish. You can prepare these for a festive occasion and also for lunch box.
Palak puri requires mainly – spinach puree, wheat flour, garlic, oil, and few spices. For this recipe, you need to first boil spinach, and make a puree. You need to knead a tight dough just like you regular puri dough.
Aloo recipes that you can prepare with palak puri – Aloo Ka Bharta | Spicy Mashed Potatoes Recipe, Aloo ke Gutke / Pahari Aloo (Uttrakhand Cuisine), Dahi Wale Aloo (Potatoes cooked in curd gravy), Aloo Kasoori Methi Sabzi (Potato n Dried Fenugreek), Aloo Shimla Mirch Do Pyaza, Aloo Tamatar Ki Sabzi (Potatao and tomato gravy).
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 40 mins
Ingredients for Palak Puri
|Spinach/ Palak||1 bunch|
|Wheat flour||1/2 kg|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Water||as required for kneading dough|
Method for Palak Puri
- Wash spinach leaves,green chillies and garlic cloves properly.
- Steam or boil all the above veggies.
- Prepare a puree of spinach, green chillies and garlic cloves.
- In a deep pan, take wheat flour, turmeric powder, salt, coriander powder, cumin seeds, oil and red chillies powder.
- Add puree in the flour.
- Knead a tight dough for puri.
- Divide dough into small balls.
- Start preparing puri one by one.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Start deep-frying puris.
- Remove on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with aloo sabzi or any vegetable dish of your choice.