Today’s recipe is ‘Orange Shortbread Cookies’. Easy shortbread cookies are made from all-purpose flour (maida), castor sugar, butter and orange peel. You can serve shortbread cookies immediately or can store it in an airtight container for one week . Enjoy this easy to cook cookies during your tea time with family or give them to your kids with milk. If you are new in baking field try this shortbread, I am sure you’ll love baking and cookies too.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Orange Shortbread Cookies-Video format
Duration: 10 mins (prep time) + 25 mins (bake time) = 35 mins
Ingredients for Orange Shortbread Cookies
|Flour/ Maida/ All purpose flour||1 cup|
|2 .5 tbsp|
|Corn flour||1.5 tbsp|
|Castor Sugar (powdered sugar)||4 tbsp or as per taste|
|Orange rind (grated)||1/2 tsp|
|Orange essence||3-4 drops|
|Orange edible color (optional)||1/8 tsp|
|Butter (unsalted, melted)||1/2 cup|
Procedure for Orange Shortbread Cookies
- Sift all-purpose flour in a bowl, in the bowl add melted butter, castor sugar, custard powder, corn flour, orange peel/zest/rind, orange essence and orange color.
- Blend all the ingredients together and prepare a soft dough.
- Grease baking tray and keep shortbread cookies (of any shape of your choice) on the tray. I tried different shapes here, to give idea about various shapes that you can try.
- Prick shortbread cookies with a fork. Sprinkle castor sugar.
- Preheat oven. Bake at 180º C for 25 mins.
- Drizzle castor sugar on cookies. Enjoy cookies when cool down.
- Use lemon rind, if you do not have orange rind.
- Use 4 tbsp cornflour, if you do not have custard powder.
- Chocolate lovers can add chocolate chips in the above recipe.
- Always use fresh grated orange zest.
- In this recipe use unsalted melted butter.