Today’s recipe is ‘Murmure Namkeen’. It is basically spicy puffed rice, which is healthy and is for those mid-meal cravings. It takes less oil to prepare this easy snack. Murmure namkeen can be prepared as one of those festive spreads, which we all in India serve our guest during festivals.
For murmure namkeen, you will need – murmure (puffed rice), peanuts, curry leaves, green chillies, and few spices. This namkeen can be prepared with any variety of murmure of your choice. Just make sure to cook it till they are crisped perfectly. You can enjoy this as a tea-time snack or as a diet snack as it is very light yet filling dish. Store this namkeen in an air-tight container for a month.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on the Facebook page or directly email it to me on email@example.com. I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 20 mins
Ingredients for Murmure Namkeen
|Murmure / Puffed Rice||5-6 cups|
|Green chillies (chopped)||2-3 (large)|
|Curry leaves||9-10 leaves|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Chaat Masala||1 tsp|
|Crushed black pepper powder||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Roasted cumin powder||1/2 tsp|
Method for Murmure Namkeen
- In a deep vessel, heat oil.
- First, start frying peanuts.
- When peanuts are fried. Remove them from oil and keep it aside.
- In the same oil, add green chillies and curry leaves for few seconds.
- When green chillies and curry leaves are fried, add puffed rice. Mix well.
- Add all the spices in the puffed rice. Mix well.
- Lastly, add fried peanuts and black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Murmure Namkeen is ready to serve!