Hello Everyone! Hope you all have a nice and beautiful start to the week. Today’s recipe is ‘Bhuna Murg’. I hope you guys love and enjoy it.
Chicken is one of the healthiest form of non veg/poultry. There are many health benefits of eating chicken. Few healthy benefits of eating chicken are: high protein content, natural anti depressant, it fight against bone loss, contains plenty of phosphorous which helps in bone and teeth health, it helps in metabolism boost, it promotes healthy eye sight.
The information provided in this post is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your physician, or dietician before taking any home remedies, supplements or starting a new health regime.
Duration: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Murgh Bhuna
Chicken 1 kg (16 pieces)
Yoghurt 1.5 cup
Cream 1 small tetra pack
Red chili powder 2 tsp
Coriander powder 1.5 tsp
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Salt 1 tsp or as per taste
Chat masala 1 tsp
All spice powder/Garam masala 1- 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Oil 4 tbsp
Coriander leaves (chopped) 2 tbsp
Green chilies 4 no.
Ginger garlic paste 2-3 tsp
Brown onion (crushed) 3 tbsp
Method for Bhuna Murgh
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add Chicken and fry till chicken changes its color.
- Mix yoghurt with crushed red pepper, whole cumin seeds, salt, all spice powder, chat masala, coriander powder and turmeric. Keep this paste aside.
- Add ginger garlic paste in chicken and fry for 5-8 minutes.
- Reduce flame and add yoghurt and masala paste to chicken. Cook for few minutes.
- Add brown onion (crushed) and one cup water to chicken, mix well, cover and cook for 7-8 minutes or 4-5 whistles. Let the pressure drop on its own.
- Open the lid and check whether chicken is done or not. On high flame sauté till thick gravy left.
- Add cream and green chilies, cook for few minutes.
- Lastly add chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with plain parathas/lachcha paratha.
If we’re not willing to settle for junk living, we certainly shouldn’t settle for junk food.