Hey foodies ! Today’s recipe is ‘Moong Dal Chilla’. This is healthy and nutritious pancake recipe. You can have moong dal chilla for breakfast or as a tea time snack.Serve the pancakes with green chutney or tomato ketchup. For this you need whole green gram lentils (powdered), green chillies garlic paste, cumin powder, salt and whole spice powder.
You can also stuff pancakes with grated paneer or veggies or cheese (for kids). Other method to prepare chillas are by soaking green gram lentils (moong dal) overnight or for 5-6 hours, and then preparing a paste of dal. In this recipe, you just need to get green gram flour from market or prepare at home. Using green gram lentil flour reduces preparation time considerably.
For more breakfast recipes you can also check Besan Cheela (Gram flour veggies pancake) , Sabudana Khichdi (Vrat/fast recipe) , Mayonnaise Veggies Sandwich (Easy n quick recipe) , Sabudana Vada (Sago fritters/vada) , Mixed Sprout Salad (Healthy recipe) , Methi Thepla Recipe (Gujarati methi thepla) .
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 30 mins
Ingredients for Moong Dal Chilla
|Saboot Moong dal / Green gram lentil flour||2 cups|
|Salt||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Bhuna jeera / Roasted cumin powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala / All spice powder||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Oil||for shallow frying|
|Water||for preparing batter|
Method for Moong Dal Chilla
- Prepare flour of moong dal/green gram lentil, if you have flour mill at home.
- Now prepare a batter for chilla/pancakes. Batter should be of pouring consistency. Keep it aside for 10-15 mins.
- In the batter add cumin seeds powder, all spice powder and salt. Mix well.
- Prepare a coarse paste of green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Add paste in the batter and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Spread batter in the pan in round shape with the help of spoon back.
- Drizzle oil on the edges of chilla/pancake. Cook chilla on medium heat.
- Flip the chilla and cook from both the sides by applying oil.
- Cook till chillas are golden brown and cooked from both the sides.
- Repeat above steps for all the chillas.
- Healthy and nutritious chillas are ready to serve. Serve moong dal chillas with ketchup or any chutney of your choice.