Hello my foodie friends ! Today’s recipe is ‘Mixed Sprout Salad’. This recipe is a very healthy dish which is full of proteins and other nutrients. You can have this salad as snack or in your breakfast. For this recipe I have used only two variety of sprouts, but you can add your favourite sprouts. For this simple and healthy salad all you need is boiled/steamed sprouts, few veggies of your choice and few spices.
You can pack this salad in your kid’s tiffin also. It takes only 15 mins of your time, you only need to give a nice toss to your salad.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
For more breakfast recipes you can also check Besan Cheela (Gram flour veggies pancake) , Sabudana Khichdi (Vrat/fast recipe) , Mayonnaise Veggies Sandwich (Easy n quick recipe) , Sabudana Vada (Sago fritters/vada)
Duration: 15 mins
Ingredients for Mixed Sprout Salad
|Mixed sprouts (boiled/steamed)||2 cups|
|Boiled potato (cubed)||1 medium size|
|Cucumber (chopped)||1 medium size|
|Lemon juice||2 tsp|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Green chilli (chopped)||1 medium|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp as per taste|
|Chaat masala||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander (chopped)||2 tsp|
Procedure for Mixed Sprout Salad
- Boil/steam sprouts.
- Drain the liquid. Keep sprouts aside.
- Chop cucumber, boiled potato, tomato, green chillies and onion.
- Take a bowl add boiled sprouts, veggies, salt, lemon juice, chopped coriander, chaat masala, and red chilli powder.
- Toss everything well.
- Mixed sprout salad is ready to serve !
Note: How to sprout mixed beans at home?
- Wash beans of your choice thoroughly, for this recipe I have chosen moong and black gram. Keep in mind moong starts germinating early.
- Soak your beans overnight. Soak both the beans separately.
- Next day, drain water and keep your beans in a container covered with a wet cloth.
- Keep the container aside, and check next day.
- If you are satisfied with length of your sprouts use them, otherwise cover with wet cloth again and check again next day.
- This is how I sprout my beans.