Hello Everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Mirchi Thecha’. It is a very popular authentic maharashtrian green chilli garlic chutney. Traditionally, thecha is served with bajra roti or jawar roti. In this recipe I have used green chillies, garlic and coriander as my main ingredients. Thecha can be prepared in many different ways, some people use peanuts, some only prepare it with chillies and garlic. Kolhapuri thecha is another version of thecha which is prepared by using dry red chillies.
This recipe is shared by my mother’s friend, aunty is from Kolhapur, so this recipe is an authentic one. For all those who love very spicy food this one is for you all. Thecha is a very spicy dish, which is prepared in mortar and pestle (khal batta/sil batta). If you do not have mortar at home, use grinder but grind only for 4-5 seconds.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Try this chutney with Jhatpat ratlami sev paratha (sev stuffed paratha) , Paneer Paratha (Cottage cheese stuffed paratha) , Gobhi Da Paratha/Gobhi Paratha (Cauliflower Chapati) , Sweet n Spicy Tomato Chutney (Tamatar chutney) .
Yield: 100 gms
Duration: 5 mins (prep time) + 10 mins (cook time) = 15 mins (total time)
Ingredients for Mirchi Thecha
|Green chillies||12-15 (medium to large size)|
|Coriander leaves||2 tbsp (chopped)|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
Procedure for Mirchi Thecha
- Wash and chop green chillies in two parts, garlic and coriander.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add green chilli and garlic in the pan. Cook it for few minutes, stop cooking just before green chillies start changing color.
- Add chopped coriander and salt, mix everything well. Stop cooking.
- Cover for few minutes.
- Transfer the mix in a mortar. Ground everything coarsely.
- Mirchi thecha is ready !
- Thecha is a very spicy chutney, if you want it to be comparatively less spicy than use medium spicy green chillies.