Today’s recipe is ‘Mirchi Methi Dana Ka Kutta’. Rajasthani cuisine is very wide and has so many recipes to offer, today I am sharing one very easy side dish. You can enjoy it with hot chapati/paratha/dal rice. If you love spicy food this recipe is surely for you. In this recipe, another key ingredient is fenugreek seed/methi dana. If you are not fond of methi dana flavour which is quite bitter, you can prepare only Mirchi ka Kutta.
Mirchi methi dana ka Kutta recipe needs pounded green chillies, soaked methi dana, oil, few spices and curd. The best way to reduce the bitter flavour of fenugreek seeds is to soak them overnight. If the green chillies which you are using are too hot or spicy in flavour, de-seed chillies.
To try more dishes from Rajasthani cuisine, check – Papad ki Sabji | How to make rajasthani papad ki sabji, Dahi Phulki | Besan ke Dahi Bade/Vade, Moong Dal Samosa (Rajasthani special samosa recipe), Boondi Ki Sabzi | How to make bundi ki sabzi, Kairi Ki Meethi Launji (Sweet and Tangy Raw Mango Pickle), Rajasthani Masala Mirch (stuffed green chillies).
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. 🙂
Duration: 30 mins
Ingredients for Mirchi Methi Dana Ka Kutta
|Green chilli||15-16 (medium size)|
|Methi dana/Fenugreek seeds||2 tsp (soak 2 tsp in water overnight)|
|Roasted cumin powder||1/2 tsp|
|Fennel powder||1/2 tsp|
|Mustard seeds||1/4 tsp|
|Cumin seeds||1/4 tsp|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Dry mango powder||1/2 tsp|
Method for Mirchi Methi Dana Ka Kutta
- Soak fenugreek seeds/methi dana overnight or at least for 5-6 hours.
- Wash and remove ends of green chillies.
- Chop half green chillies and pound half.
- In a kadhai/wok heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida. Let them splutter.
- Next, add green chillies to the kadhai. Fry for a minute or two on low flame.
- Add crushed fennel seeds powder and soaked methi dana in the green chillies. Mix well.
- Lastly, add all the remaining ingredients turmeric powder, salt, roasted cumin powder, amchur powder and curd. Mix well.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, switch off the flame and keep it covered.
- Serve it hot!